none
Pushing silent installation of Avaya one-x communicator

Question

• Hi Folks,

I am not professional in Microsoft environment, however i am trying to make a script for silent installation of Avaya program and pushing it through an imaging server (this to be done by server applications team).

Now the issue i have is that imaging server require .msi file to be pushed and installed and when we try to do that the UAC prevents the script to be completed as user should enter the credentials first.

We want to skip this UAC pop-up screen and allow the script to continue and the silent installation to be completed.

Script is as below

---------

msiexec.exe /i "C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\one-x for windows project\one-x communicator msi file\onexc_6_2_12_setup.msi" /qn SIGNALPROTOCOL=1
    xcopy /y "C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\one-x project\login.xml" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\Avaya one-X Communicator"
    xcopy /y "C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\one-x project\customize.xml" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\Avaya one-X Communicator"
    xcopy /y "C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\one-x project\login.xml" "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Avaya\*"
    xcopy /y "C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\one-x project\customize.xml" "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Avaya\*"
    timeout 5
    "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Avaya one-X Communicator.lnk" echo Launching application
    timeout 25
    wscript "C:\Users\afahmy\Desktop\one-x for windows project\1XCauto.vbs"
    timeout 5
    "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Avaya one-X Communicator.lnk" echo Launching application
    pause

---------

Any suggestions.

-Ahmed

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Ahmed,

you cannot get around the UAC prompt. There are ways to install an application by using Group Policy, but don't try doing so in the user context.

What is the MSI doing in the user desktop to begin with? Provision that on a per-system basis, then apply per-user customization on a per-user basis.

Cheers,
    Fred

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:16 PM
  • I would add also that this is not a third-party software support forum. You should ask the vendor for assistance with deploying their software.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:50 PM
  • The Avaya support forum will tell you how to do this.

\_(ツ)_/

Monday, March 20, 2017 7:23 PM