none
IE script to open multiple tabs in quick tab view (control Q) RRS feed

• Question

• First thanks Scripting Guys for all the great information provided by this forum!  I'm using Windows 7 Internet Explorer 8.  I'm looking for a VB Script that when lauched opens multiple webpages in one browser, so each page has it's own tab and I need it to open in Quick Tab view (control Q).  When users launch the script it will open a page with all the home pages visible.  Thanks for any help you guys provide.

• Edited by raptor78 Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:16 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:13 PM

Answers

• Nice - it works on IE8 but not on IE9.  The CTL-Q iws going to be very hard.  The menus seem to have been isolated from automation. We used to be able to print but that cannot be done anymore.  It gives a not-supported automation error.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:21 PM

All replies

• I don't thnk that is any longer possible on Windows 7 IE8 and later.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:20 PM
  • I did find some script that somewhat works, the position of the browser is messed up if I have other tabs open it will be added on, but I need it in a seperate browser, and I still need to change view to Quick Tab.

'***This Browser Window Posistion***
    Option Explicit
    Dim navOpenInNewTab : navOpenInNewTab = &h0800
    Dim navOpenNewForegroundTab : navOpenNewForegroundTab = &h10000
    Dim surl : surl="http://www.yahoo.com"
    Dim sur2 : sur2="http://www.cnn.com"
    Dim count : count = 0

Dim objIE : Set objIE = Wscript.CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application","objIE_")
    objIE.Visible = True
    objIE.top = 0
    objIE.left = 1370
    objIE.Height = 770
    objIE.Width = 650

'=======================================
    '***Open web tool Main Browser***
    objIE.Navigate surl
    Wscript.Sleep 2000
    objIE.navigate2 sur2, 2048
    Wscript.Sleep 2000

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:49 PM
  • Nice - it works on IE8 but not on IE9.  The CTL-Q iws going to be very hard.  The menus seem to have been isolated from automation. We used to be able to print but that cannot be done anymore.  It gives a not-supported automation error.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:21 PM
  • how to runas different user.
    Monday, March 10, 2014 6:22 AM