none
WSMan Error on Invoke-Command

Question

• I have a script that is working wonderfully using the Invoke-Command cmdlet to run a process and get information from another server.  Every few weeks the script errors out with the error below:

[IP] Connecting to remote server <IP> failed with the following error message : The WSMan service
    could not launch a host process to process the given request.  Make sure the WSMan provider host server and proxy are
    properly registered. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
        + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (<IP>:String) [], PSRemotingTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : -2146959355,PSSessionStateBroken

Restarting the WSMan service does not resolve the issue, but a server restart does.  Any idea what is failing over time?

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:03 PM

All replies

• Sorry but this is a scripting forum and not a "fix my server" forum.  YOU will have to do basic troubleshooting to track down your issue.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:52 PM
  • Sorry but this is a scripting forum and not a "fix my server" forum.  YOU will have to do basic troubleshooting to track down your issue.

\_(ツ)_/

I understand that this is not a "fix my server" forum.  Since this sounds like a PowerShell configuration issue, I was hoping for some friendly suggestions instead of foolish commentary.
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:58 PM
  • Your post proves it is not a PS configuration issue. It is an intermittent server failure fixed by a reboot.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:02 PM