Windows 10 and Office 365 Email problem RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so I am using Office 365 Mail I got through GoDaddy with my domain. I set it up and it worked through Edge and the Windows 10 Mail App just fine for about a week. I wake up one day and noticed the mail wasn't coming through to my Mail App on Windows 10 and when I went into the app it said it needed to update settings so I said ok.

The WIN10 Mail app redirected me to the GoDaddy Office 365 LogIn and I logged in as usual and all I get is a # on a white blank page. I try a few things out and realize the same thing now happens through the Edge browser trying to check my email through the Office 365 website. Same white page with a #. Funny thing is I can do the web Log in on any other browser. I'm thinking the last Windows 10 update broke this. Can anyone help me here? I really liked using the Windows10 Mail App for my business Office 365 email. It seems Windows 10 uses the Edge browser to connect through the Mail App regardless of my default browser. I think it is the Edge browser messing all this up but not sure.

Thanks!

Monday, August 24, 2015 6:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For this problem, firstly, please check Windows update and Store APP update to make sure system was upgrade to be latest.

Then reset IE or Edge cache and restart the computer for test. You can also try to remove the office 365 account from Mail APP and re-add it for test.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by EMMmmmmmm Tuesday, September 1, 2015 5:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Friday, September 4, 2015 2:20 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:48 AM
  • I had this same issue and figured out a solution yesterday.  In order to work around having to go through a login page at the account creation, in the account set up, select the advanced option at the very bottom.  When I manually put in the right incoming and outgoing server, it works just fine.  My email is also through GoDaddy, but I believe this info is standard across all Office365 email.

inbound-  outlook.office365.com

outbound- smtp.office365.com

Leave all the boxes checked below the info.

Your username is your whole email.  The First two boxes don't matter.  It's simply what you want the mail program to name the account when you look at it and then what you want people to see your name as when you send email.

So, I would just add a new account this way and then delete the other.  There's no difference in how the account is used.  it just means you have to know the servers instead of having the app find them.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For this problem, firstly, please check Windows update and Store APP update to make sure system was upgrade to be latest.

Then reset IE or Edge cache and restart the computer for test. You can also try to remove the office 365 account from Mail APP and re-add it for test.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:48 AM
  • I had this same issue and figured out a solution yesterday.  In order to work around having to go through a login page at the account creation, in the account set up, select the advanced option at the very bottom.  When I manually put in the right incoming and outgoing server, it works just fine.  My email is also through GoDaddy, but I believe this info is standard across all Office365 email.

inbound-  outlook.office365.com

outbound- smtp.office365.com

Leave all the boxes checked below the info.

Your username is your whole email.  The First two boxes don't matter.  It's simply what you want the mail program to name the account when you look at it and then what you want people to see your name as when you send email.

So, I would just add a new account this way and then delete the other.  There's no difference in how the account is used.  it just means you have to know the servers instead of having the app find them.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 12:19 PM