MTA, Where is it implemented? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am attempting to set up EMS for my company, I have managed to get a basic understanding of everything (InTune, RMS, and Azure AD Premium). Where do I actually set up MTA? I was under the assumption that it would be a cloud application that I would just turn on and would be able to access through a portal of some type like RMS.

We are subscribed to the EMS Direct Trial subscription for now and I have the appropriate users licensed for it,however I am not seeing an MTA license option under the EMS subscription when I assign the EMS license to a user.  I don't know exactly where to "turn on" the MTA software. 

I hope what I've said here has made sense. I even got the documentation from Microsoft for EMS and it literally mentions nothing about implementing the MTA part of the EMS subscription.

Thanks,

Tyler

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Tyler, unlike other products in the EMS, ATA is an on-prem solution. If you want to learn more about ATA, you should start here.
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 7:06 PM
  • Ok, I have it installed in a lab environment I have set up and everything seems to be up and running. Very simple to set-up. Now when I go to the licensing option how would I license it through my EMS subscription? The only option it is giving me for licensing ATA is a 25 digit product key.
    Monday, August 8, 2016 3:21 PM
  • I think that you can get the product key from the very same portal, from which you typically retrieve Windows product keys. Depending on your license, it would either be the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) or MSDN.
    Monday, August 22, 2016 8:07 PM