none
Unable to install Gateway on DCs

Question

• Hello Everyone;

I receive the following error while attempting to install LW Gateway on multiple DCs!

Note : It is successfully installed on 5 DCs already, remaining are showing this error.

Console returned an error while attempting to register the gateway

• Edited by Ahmadgeo Tuesday, April 23, 2019 1:13 PM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 12:51 PM

All replies

• Anything interesting in the logs?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/advanced-threat-analytics/troubleshooting-ata-using-logs#ata-deployment-logs

are you able to browse the ATA console from this machine?

Is there a proxy defined? is it applicable to Local System account at well?

What kind of cert is the center using? is the failing machine able to completely validate it using its entire trust chain? 

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:26 PM
  • Logs have below error .

Able to browse console > Yes

Proxy defined > no proxy used

Certificate > Self signed created during center installation.

[0988:27E4][2019-04-24T14:34:34]i000: 2019-04-24 12:34:34.5418 2440 5   Error [\[]DeploymentModel[\]] Failed management authentication [\[]CurrentlyLoggedOnUser=********************Status=FailedInternal Exception=System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Microsoft.Tri.Infrastructure.Extensions.HttpClientExtension.<GetAsync>d__0`1.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Microsoft.Tri.Common.Management.ManagementClient.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<<GetStatusAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.Tri.Infrastructure.Extensions.HttpClientExtension.<RequestAsync>d__4`1.MoveNext()
       at Microsoft.Tri.Common.Management.ManagementClient.<GetStatusAsync>d__9.MoveNext()[\]]

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 12:46 PM
  • Anything different on this machine policy wise compared to the others?

If you are failing authentication here, it could be that there is a policy mismatch between the center and this machine, and they can't negotiate an authentication protocol.

Is the Center domain joined?

For the same UTC timestamp , do  you see any corresponding errors in the Center's log? 

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 8:28 PM
  • Both are having same everything!

Nothing clear on center logs as well

Could it be communication issue?

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:30 PM
  • In theory yes, but usually it's a policy issue.

Is the Center machine domain joined?

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:36 PM
  • Hi Ahmadgeo,

I had a similar issue and here is what caused mine.

I originally installed the ATA console on my AD DC server only to realise thats not where i wanted it. Before I uninstalled the ATA console, i pulled down the gateway setup package from the gateways section of the ATA center console.

Then i uninstalled my ATA console and put it on a dedicated server. Instead of re-pulling the gateway setup file on the dedicated server from the ATA console, I just tried to re-use the one from the other server and got that error.
    I thought something was 'corrupt' with the gateway software so I went ahead and re-downloaded it from teh ATA console server....and wala it installed no issues.

Hope that helps if you had a similar thing because the config file associated with the gateway software seems to have the ATA console server details in it.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:44 AM