none
Licensing a subset of users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have municipal customers using a single domain for both administration users and education users. The two divisions are divided by domain controllers in separate sites and their own OU structure.

Education sector has a good deal on EMS and they are interested, but for administration users they have to pay regular price.

How does user licensing work for ATA, is it possible to only license the education users? Maybe by only monitoring the DC's in the education site?

Friday, September 11, 2015 1:09 PM

Answers

• ATA's licensing terms expect that whichever DC's you set up for monitoring by ATA.. you need to license all the users in the domains/forests that those DCs handle traffic for. Here if the users are in the same domain but if the education users are handled by a set of DCs separately from the admin users, then you can license these user groups separately.

ATA comes with EMS licenses, so in this case the education users are already covered for use of ATA, so this customer can use ATA today to monitor the DCs in the education site. If they need to start monitoring DCs in the admin site then they will need to buy user licenses for the admins (either standalone ATA user licenses or through a suite license like EMS, if they need other EMS products for the admins as well).

You may also view the ATA licensing datasheet from ATA website for other licensing questions (I'm unable to insert a URL here right now but you may easily get to it by searching for 'advanced threat analytics purchasing').

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:18 PM

All replies

• ATA's licensing terms expect that whichever DC's you set up for monitoring by ATA.. you need to license all the users in the domains/forests that those DCs handle traffic for. Here if the users are in the same domain but if the education users are handled by a set of DCs separately from the admin users, then you can license these user groups separately.

ATA comes with EMS licenses, so in this case the education users are already covered for use of ATA, so this customer can use ATA today to monitor the DCs in the education site. If they need to start monitoring DCs in the admin site then they will need to buy user licenses for the admins (either standalone ATA user licenses or through a suite license like EMS, if they need other EMS products for the admins as well).

You may also view the ATA licensing datasheet from ATA website for other licensing questions (I'm unable to insert a URL here right now but you may easily get to it by searching for 'advanced threat analytics purchasing').

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 5:18 PM
  • Thanks, that was exactly the answer I was hoping for :)
    Wednesday, September 16, 2015 6:25 PM
  • Do we need to license the service users as well?

Thursday, October 1, 2015 10:32 AM
  • I'd also like to know if we have to license service users...
    Friday, October 7, 2016 2:10 PM