none
Configuring SAM-R RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to Active directory and I am trying to configure SAM-R to allow the ATA service account I created to perform the SAM-R operation. I am trying to follow the configuration description on step 9 of the ATA install instructions but I am unsure where I need to go to make this change. Do I make this change in the local security policy on my ATA Center or do I perform this on the local security policy on each of my domain controllers; or is it done through group policy somehow? 
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 6:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

These settings needs to be applied to your workstations and servers so you can either add them to an already created GPO and create a dedicated one, the local GPO approach is also available but will require applying it manually.

Keep in mind that you need to test this policy first, making sure that it doesn't interfere with other solutions you might have that also perform SAMR queries.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on the documentation to make it clearer.

Or.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:38 AM
  • Thanks, OR.  I had the same question and was searching for the answer when I found this blog post.  We will test SAM-R monitoring locally first before deploying.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:14 PM