none
Licensing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm a issue with Exchange Licensing, i'm try to active my new instalation, but when i insert my product key o software show me a error in the serial.

Serial invalid.

I downloaded my Exchange Imagem on Microsoft VLC site and install the system.

Someone know how to resolve?
    Monday, November 11, 2019 4:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Renato,

Are you in a coexistence environment?

Make sure you got the product key for the correct version and it matches the version you downloaded. 

Please restart server and then use the command below to input the product key:

Set-ExchangeServer -Identity SERVER_NAME -ProductKey XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

If that still doesn't work, you might contact Microsoft support.

Related official article: Enter your Exchange Server product key

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Renato,

Are you in a coexistence environment?

Make sure you got the product key for the correct version and it matches the version you downloaded. 

Please restart server and then use the command below to input the product key:

Set-ExchangeServer -Identity SERVER_NAME -ProductKey XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

If that still doesn't work, you might contact Microsoft support.

Related official article: Enter your Exchange Server product key

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 4:59 AM
  • Contact Microsoft Support,

https://support.office.com/home/contact

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:39 AM
  • If you have other problems with Exchange server, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:58 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Thank's for your reply.

Activation from the command line worked.

Thank you very much.

C:\Windows\system32>Get-ExchangeServer SW-MBX01 | Format-Table -Auto Name,Edition,*Trial*

Name        Edition IsExchangeTrialEdition IsExpiredExchangeTrialEdition RemainingTrialPeriod
    ----        ------- ---------------------- ----------------------------- --------------------
    SW-MBX01 Enterprise                  False                         False 00:00:00

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 12:49 PM
  • You are welcome. I'd like to recommend you also mark your reply as answer so that other users could easily to find the useful information here :)

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:07 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Issue Symptiom]

====================

Cannot activate Exchange server. when i insert the product key, it show me a error in the serial:
    Serial invalid.

[Possible Cause]

====================

1. Issue with  the product key. Make sure you got the product key for the correct version and it matches the version you downloaded.

2. Activate via PowerShell

[Solution]

====================

Activation from the command

C:\Windows\system32>Get-ExchangeServer SW-MBX01 | Format-Table -Auto Name,Edition,*Trial*

Name        Edition IsExchangeTrialEdition IsExpiredExchangeTrialEdition RemainingTrialPeriod
    ----        ------- ---------------------- ----------------------------- --------------------
    SW-MBX01 Enterprise                  False                         False 00:00:00
    Saturday, November 23, 2019 2:52 AM