none
Lightweight Gateway and Windows Event 4776 Forwarding RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, All,

First of all, I am very excited to be deploying ATA 1.6 in our environment. I am glad to see that the product is being fitted with so many features.

The absolute highlight of this release must be the Lightweight Gateway. For us, having a gateway for each Virtual Host that hosted a DC in our organization would have been a big headache with the previous version of ATA. We can now avoid that step with the lightweight gateway.

One thing that I've not been able to determine by looking at documentation or the forums is whether we still need to do Event Forwarding of Event ID 4776 if all DC's are equipped with a Lightweight Gateway. Does the lightweight gateway also read events, or do we have to enable the gateway as an event forwarding destination in ATA and then configure event forwarding from one ATA lightweight GW to the next or even to itself (I am not even sure if this makes any sense?)

I know better than assuming something that I haven't seen in documentation so I thought I would ask.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    Fable

Friday, May 6, 2016 9:04 PM

Answers

All replies