none
The server certificate did not comply with the following policy: WindowsUpdateCertificatePolicy RRS feed

• Question

• Please explain me this WSUS error:

Error WsusService.20 ServerCertificateValidator.VerifyServerCertificate
    The server certificate did not comply with the following policy: WindowsUpdateCertificatePolicy

in Microsoft.UpdateServices.Internal.ServerCertificateValidator.VerifyServerCertificate(Object sender, X509Certificate certificate, X509Chain chain, SslPolicyErrors sslPolicyErrors)

I can not find any description. What WSUS certificate must have to comply with WindowsUpdateCertificatePolicy? Where are any description about WSUS WindowsUpdateCertificatePolicy?

Thank you

Monday, March 5, 2018 10:19 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Whether this is a clean installed WSUS server? Did you configure it to use SSL?

I suggest you check your proxy settings and also firewall settings, make sure ports needed are not blocked and also make sure Microsoft Update websites are not blocked. 

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 1:51 AM
  • getting same error. did you ever solve this?
    Monday, November 18, 2019 8:34 PM
  • Has this been resolved..............I'm getting the same error messages.

Jason

• Proposed as answer by l4ks 1 hour 35 minutes ago
    • Unproposed as answer by l4ks 1 hour 35 minutes ago
    Tuesday, November 26, 2019 6:03 PM
  • I had the same issue these days and was able to solve this by updating my WSUS 3.0 from build 3.2.7600.226 (SP2) to the latest available build 3.2.7600.307. The WSUS is running on a Server 2008 R2 machine.

The update is available in the update catalog.

Maybe this helps you to solve the issue.

• Edited by l4ks 1 hour 26 minutes ago typo
    1 hour 27 minutes ago