none
HP Server ML380 GEN10 and recursive shutdown with event 1074 and reason 5000000 RRS feed

• Question

• One or more time in a day, at different timing, my server shutsdown automatically and we have to restart it. The process is RunTimeBroker and the reason is 0x5000000. What can I do?

Albey

Monday, September 16, 2019 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Alberto.

Are you aware of any scheduled task running under the CAFFESERVICE\Administrator account that could have lead the system to shut down?
    Did that user log in to the server and started the shutdown for any reason?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Monday, September 16, 2019 11:31 AM
  • no one of the two's... no task scheduled seems to me is running on machine with shutdown programmed and usually the shutdown is when they are out of office...at least one time for day

I've seen that there is another event connected reported two times every time the machine shutdown ...don't know if is a cause or a reason

Albey

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:18 PM
  • no one of the two's... no task scheduled seems to me is running on machine and usually the shutdown is when they are out of office...at least one time for day

Albey

Any issue affecting the power supply (e.g.: UPS)? Someone could have accidently shut down the server.
    Any Windows update recently installed?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

Kindly check whether your machine had a update recently, the update of Microsoft product can lead to an automatic shutdown. Check your Application log around the time before the reboot.  Typically it'll be MsiInstaller installing something that requires a reboot.

You could modify the time according to the below website:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/waas-restart

Also, monitor this server for some time, maybe someone accidently shutdown it.

Best regards,

Charlotte Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:58 AM
  • Luigi,

No UPS connected to the machiine or UPS software installed. No they don't shutdown the machine every day for mistake

Do you know Reason: 0x5000000 what means? I didn't find in the MS docs

Albey

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Charlotte, I don't think updates can be the reason of the shutdown: yesterday I run sconfig option 5 on the Windows Server 2016 then "Manual" to disable them, and this morning the machine was switched off again...

Albey

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:55 AM
  • Hi

Did it occurred recently?We have not heard from you in a couple of days. Please post back at your convenience if we can assist further.

Best regards,

Charlotte Tang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Unfortunately the problemis still there: no ups connection, no scheduled task, no automatic updates... I don't know how to add diagnostic info to go further... but at least one time in a day, the system gracefully shutdown and the server power off.  There are 3 RDP user with licenses loaded in and all the RDP environment seems correctly set... 

Albey

Friday, September 20, 2019 10:13 AM
  • Hi,

If it still shows no clue, I'm afraid you may need to open a ticket from Microsoft for dedicated support.

Best Regards,

Charlotte Tang

Friday, September 27, 2019 6:05 AM
  • I'll go to the customer for a last check and then I'll do.

Thanks for your efforts

Alberto

Albey

Friday, September 27, 2019 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

Best regards,

Charlotte Tang

Monday, September 30, 2019 3:04 AM