none
NPS as Radius Proxy and Network policies RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, 

I'm configuring SSTP VPN, NPS and a RADIUS Server to works together in oder to configure 2FA on my VPN. All working fine, I configured NPS as RADIUS Proxy pointing to my RADIUS server. I'm able to perform the authentication part without any issue. 

Now the problem/question i had : 

Is it possible to apply some Network Policies defined on NPS when the authentication process is delegated to a RADIUS Server ? 

In fact, when I use the Windows Authentication, my Network policies from NPS are applied but when I switch to RADIUS, nothing defined in Network Policies is applied and it's problematic for my setup. 

So the question is : Is it possible to apply NPS Network Policies when NPS works as RADIUS Proxy (so when the authentication is delegated to a RADIUS Server) 

Any help is appreciated. 

Regards

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,Yoann-rcdevs

Thanks for posting in our forum.

Based on my knowledge, when NPS works as RADIUS Proxy, it will not apply NPS Network Policies.

If you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 8:29 AM
  • Thank for your help. 

Finally we found how to do it. 

On NPS > Policies > Connection Request Policies > right click-Properties on your policy > Settings tab >RADIUS Attributes > Standard > Add > Remote-RADIUS-to-Windows-User-Mapping = true

That way, your Network Policies are applied even when the authentication is forwarded to a RADIUS Server :D 

Thanks a lot for your response ! 

Regards 

Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:14 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your posting here and sharing the resolution.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 2:04 AM