none
change system time zone UTC to GMT RRS feed

• Question

• Hi..

i want change my system time zone UTC to GMT.

How to change ?

I'm using windows server 2008 R2 Operating System.

any one help me ?

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is now known as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).

but if you really want to change it, HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/Current Version/Time Zones/UTC/Display

Thanks, Swapnil Prajapati

• Proposed as answer by SIFT3R Friday, August 17, 2012 6:19 PM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:18 PM
  • Hi Virendhar,

There is no difference. GMT vanished some long years ago. UTC is exactly the same, under a different internatinal flag.UTC is the world standard also make sure your computer is set to your country under region and langauge  

The date on your computer needs to be set properly --click the clock and Advanced options to verify that 
    the time and date are set. It should say UTC, not GMT. Run through the options and ensure you have the correct time zone set. 

Regards,
    Rafic

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote.
    If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer".
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:12 PM
  • Hi,

As others mentioned, Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is now known as Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). Since they are the same, we do not need to change it. Regarding detailed information about Time Zone, please refer to the following article.

TimeZone

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff715394.aspx

Regards,

Andy

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:22 PM
  • You are right, GMT and UTC are same time zone. But we need to change it as per the standard. As some of the servers are showing UTC and Some are in GMT. 

Let us know how to change it. 

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:38 AM
  • This is wrong. UTC and GMT, while they may be the same time zone and time are NOT the same. GMT does exist but is subject to daylight savings. UTC (in military sometimes referred to Zulu Time) is a time constant that is never subject to seasonal time changes. Its fundamentally different. 

Ben

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 10:06 AM
  • I am sorry but with respect to your cusomers residing in the UK, your answers are
    sadly wrong.

1) In BRITAIN... GMT has not been replace by anything else, and whilst those in the USA
    might like to think its the case, it has NOT.

2) The difference between GMT and UTC, is that UK daylight savings time is NOT correctly
    represented with UTC, and if I set daylight savings to ON or OFF merely changes the
    error from -1hour to -2hours !

3) The only way to get the time to display properly is to constantly fudge the clock/calendar settings
    in Windows 10, and UTC does NOT work correctly for UK customers. For example the time frequently 
    goes off by 1hour, and then I have to go into date and time and click the "automatically set time"
    on and then off then on again. This seems to somehow reset it again correctly.... for a while.

The fact Microsoft cant even make a clock work, is literally stunning.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:50 PM
  • There seems to be a basic misunderstanding. UTC is never adjusted for daylight savings. It also is independent of time zone. Local time depends on the local time zone (an offset from UTC), and is adjusted for daylight savings, as appropriate for your location.

If in the UK the term GMT means local time at the prime meridian, then perhaps it is adjusted for daylight savings. I doubt anyone outside the UK would know. A Microsoft reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/884804/how-to-convert-utc-time-to-local-time

Edit: Reference for UTC, which makes it clear that it is not adjusted for daylight savings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:53 PM