none
Update ATA Lightweight Gateway questions RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to apply update 2 (from 1.9 build 1.9.7312) and wanted to know a little bit more about the process, specifically for the lightweight gateways on the DC's.  It appears to be generally simple and straightforward, but can they be updated over a stretch of days and not all at once?  I presume they are backwards compatible...  
    Also, is a reboot of the DC's expected after the update is pushed out from the Gateway (I see no mention of it but am compelled to ask.)

Thanks in advance!

Sunday, September 22, 2019 11:27 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Based on the release notes, you may require a restart after applying this update.

More details about this update 2, please click the following link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/advanced-threat-analytics/ata-update-1.9.2-migration-guide

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 5:51 AM
  • A restart is always possible due to the server's state (like if there is already a pending reboot).

The update alone is not likely to induce a reboot.

You should upgrade all the gateways as soon as possible although you can set some of the gateways not to update right a way, the careful thing would be to upgrade some of them each time to see everything is OK before starting the next "Batch", but there are no expected issues that we know of.

Monday, September 23, 2019 9:39 AM
  • Thank you Andy!
    FWIW, it did not require a reboot of the DC's.  Process was very straightforward.

k

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Thank you Eli!
    FWIW, it did not require a reboot of the DC's when i pushed the update to the Lightweight Gateways.  Your approach is exactly what my thoughts were (and how it played out.)

k

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 3:02 PM