none
Exchange 2019 Multi Tenant RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

I Have a Exchange 2019 Multi Tenant .

All GAL ,All Address List and All OAB are made for all tenants.

I made Addressbookpolicy for Tenants .

The problem is : If Outlook Cached mode is Active , All Address list is view by all tenant.

For OWA or Outlook in Online Mode . No problem . Every tenant have the Address book policy Apply .

Solution ?

Thanks

Jerome

Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Jerome GOSSE,

It's my understanding that your Addressbookpolicy won't take effect in Outlook cached mode. Am I right? Please feel free to correct me. 

When cached mode is turned on, Outlook will automatically use OAB which was downloaded local. You can configure configure Outlook to use global address list while in cached mode.

The following registry settings can be used to disable the Global Address List from being included in the cache.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Cached Mode
    Parameter: DownloadOAB
    Type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 0

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi

Is each customer in there own OU?

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 1:35 PM
  • Hi Jerome GOSSE,

It's my understanding that your Addressbookpolicy won't take effect in Outlook cached mode. Am I right? Please feel free to correct me. 

When cached mode is turned on, Outlook will automatically use OAB which was downloaded local. You can configure configure Outlook to use global address list while in cached mode.

The following registry settings can be used to disable the Global Address List from being included in the cache.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Cached Mode
    Parameter: DownloadOAB
    Type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 0

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 10:30 AM
  • Yes Each Customer are ther Own OU

Clients -> Tenant1

Addresslist - UsersTenant1,ContactsTenant1, RoomTenant1

GAL -> GALTenant1

Offline_AdresseBook -> OAB_Tenant1

AddressBook Policy -> ABP_Tenant1 ( UsersTenant1,ContactTenant1, RoomTenant1 ,GALTenant1, OAB_Tenant1 )

Clients -> Tenant2

Addresslist - UsersTenant2,ContactsTenant2, RoomTenant2

GAL -> GALTenant2

Offline_AdresseBook -> OAB_Tenant2

AddressBook Policy -> ABP_Tenant2 ( UsersTenant2,ContactTenant2, RoomTenant2 ,GALTenant2, OAB_Tenant2 )

If Tenant1 Use Outlook Cached Mode , he see ( UsersTenant1,ContactTenant1, RoomTenant1 UsersTenant2,ContactTenant2, RoomTenant2 and default All Address list)

Any Solution ?

Friday, November 15, 2019 11:11 AM
  • Hi Bervely,

I can't access to all outlook User's  to modify register .

I Search a solution for the Exchange Server 2019 : why Address book policy not apply in Cached Mode knowing only Offline Address book Tenant's is include in Address book policy

User1 -> Address book policy 1 ( include Offline address book 1)
    User2 -> Address book policy 2 ( include Offline address book 2)

Friday, November 15, 2019 12:41 PM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Sunday, November 24, 2019 5:53 AM