none
Need a clean way to distinctly identify between RDP and TS sessions RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Win32 APIs ProcessIdToSessionId and GetSystemMetrics (SM_REMOTESESSION) to identify whether the session is remote or local.

But we currently don’t have a clean way to identify in remote sessions whether they are created from TS clients or for RDP connection to a local station.

Could you provide some technique prompt?

Thanks a lot!

Ray

Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you need relate APIs to meet your requirement, I would recommend you to post on MSDN forum as it is dev relate question.

If we only consider of RDS(windows remote desktop services), in general, there are two types of session, remote and console session. As far as I know, there is no specific tab which distinguish if it is comes from RDS/TS or locally RDP(without RDS/TS).

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 9:20 AM

All replies

• This forum is designed to address system administration issues, not programming issues.  You would be better served asking your question of an MSDN forum.

At a minimum, you would have a higher probability of finding a random RDP programmer lurking in the Windows Desktop Services forum at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverTS.  But remember, it is also focused more on administration than on programming.

tim

Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:21 PM
  • Hi,

If you need relate APIs to meet your requirement, I would recommend you to post on MSDN forum as it is dev relate question.

If we only consider of RDS(windows remote desktop services), in general, there are two types of session, remote and console session. As far as I know, there is no specific tab which distinguish if it is comes from RDS/TS or locally RDP(without RDS/TS).

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang      

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, September 30, 2019 1:18 AM
  • Thank you.

I will post the query to another forum.

Best Regards,

Ray

Monday, September 30, 2019 1:48 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to update the thread status. If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post on the forum.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:31 AM