Licensing ATA users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We have set up ATA in our enviroment, but I have a few questions.

Some of our users have licenses that ATA is part of. How do you acutally activate ATA to monitor these users more?

Our users currently show the same amount of activities (license or no license), shouldnt the licensed users show more?

Do you actually need a license for every user in the domain that you want monitored?

Is there an agent that you install on the user devices?

Why do I need to license every device/user if I'm shown the exact same information?

Thank you

• Edited by RussinR Thursday, April 26, 2018 8:45 AM
    Thursday, April 26, 2018 8:06 AM

All replies

• There is no agent on the user devices, I would also like some further clarity on this as you can fully utilise ATA with only one EMS E3 license currently...

**Please don't forget to mark as helpful or answer**

Thursday, April 26, 2018 9:06 AM
  • Well Microsoft doesn't seem to want to clear this up

Very unfortunate.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:21 PM
  • I have heard conflicting answers on this, apparently as long as you are licensed for EMS E3 for a good chunk of users then MSFT dont mind that it is monitoring every AD user account.

I asked this at a seminar at Microsoft HQ last week and no-one could give e an answer, some people in the crowd said they were advised by their TAM that they were covered even though they had say 50% EMS E3 coverage...

same as Azure AD Premium P2 password write back, everyone can do it even though you buy 1 license.....how is this enforced or visible to MSFT?

**Please don't forget to mark as helpful or answer**

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:58 PM