none
Cannot connect to MySQL Server, Firewall port 3306 opened, IP address added and get: ERROR 2005 (HY000): Unknown MySQL server host RRS feed

• Question

• Cannot connect to MySQL Server, Firewall port 3306 opened, IP address added and get:  ERROR 2005 (HY000): Unknown MySQL server host

I have no issues connecting with my MS SQL Server instance in Azure, just MySQL is failing to connect using Azure powershell: mysql -h<server>.mysql.database.azure.com -<adminusername>@<server> -p<mypassword>I've

I've tried mysql workbench too, no luck.

Help!

Friday, January 24, 2020 8:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jon,

Can you try the following syntax where you pass the -p minus your password (because you will be interactively asked for it) and end with a specific database (sys is the default) you are wanting to connect with:

mysql -h miubezzi-mysql.mysql.database.azure.com -u miubezzi@miubezzi-mysql -p sys

I am using PowerShell from the Cloud Shell functionality in the Azure Portal. You will likely be blocked on the first attempt because you do not have the Portal IP Address added to your firewall (unless Allow access to Azure services is enabled).

Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues.

Regards,

Mike

Saturday, January 25, 2020 1:11 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for that suggestion. I added the IP address to the portals firewall and I'm now getting this error: ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user

Thanks

Jon

Saturday, January 25, 2020 4:11 PM
  • Hey,

Found the problem but I needed to reset the password to something simple, eg: Someword99

My complex password failed, which isn't good lol

Cheers

Saturday, January 25, 2020 4:35 PM