none
deleting previous workflows with workflows in progress RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on SharePoint 2013 which was migrated from SP 2010.  I have been having trouble with my workflows not generating a sequence number. In trying to figure out why I found a post that told me how to delete previous workflows.  I miss read the article and deleted previous work flows that had workflows in progress.  Most were very old but some from Jan of this year... Have a caused a problem?  Is it safe to delete previous versions of workflows that have workflows in progress?  Have I deleted records?

Thanks,

Elliott

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Murphy,

Yes, if you delete workflow instances which process is still running (or) in progress those items will get effect. even though you delete previous versions workflows which are still running under the old workflow structure that will break or depend on your condition/stage it gets suspended.

we can't say you deleted records or not until unless we know the condition in it.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Murphy,

Yes, if you delete workflow instances which process is still running (or) in progress those items will get effect. even though you delete previous versions workflows which are still running under the old workflow structure that will break or depend on your condition/stage it gets suspended.

we can't say you deleted records or not until unless we know the condition in it.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:26 PM
  • thank you
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:04 PM
  • Hi Murphy,

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 9:22 PM