none
Resource Center Viewing and license needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

Can you confirm what license is needed, to view resource center? Is Essentials ok? I think systematically it is ok to use essentials, but not sure if it is a shouldn't do

This would just be a custom group with the view resource center permission checked.

Friday, October 25, 2019 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi, can anyone help with this? Sorry, bit of a weird one!
    Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Personally, I think the spirit behind the Essentials licence is that the user can see information about themselves, ie, themselves as a resource, their tasks, their assignments etc.  Given that this licence is typically assigned to Team Members, the default category for Team Members is My Tasks, and the My Tasks category can only see a single resource, ie the team member (you only see these granular permissions when using Project Server Perms mode).  So, I don't believe an essentials licence gives you the right to view other resources in the resource center.  However, this is my personal view only and may well be incorrect ; you should check with your Large Account Reseller or the organisation you buy licences from for professional advice.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:18 PM