none
Sharepoint Execute method, Access denied to AppInstallation not clear service accounts

Question

• Hello after install Sharepoint 2013 i found that OWSTimer is trying to execute a job using a path that doesn't exists:

Execute method of this job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAppInstallationJobDefinition (Id. c0880db8-132f-4a4d-97c6-821ac2cb519d) generated an exception. Follows more information.

Access denied to 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\SharePoint\AppInstallation'.

the account trying is sp_farm if i use administrator or someone with more privileges this runs.

Pleas advise about this account, i install sharepoint using SP_Admin user domain and administrator local group user and i define SP_Farm as a user domain as the database access account/ Farm user account

Thanks

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:09 AM

Answers

• Hi i found it

be careful because the folder "exist" the problem is that you can not see under the Farm Account  but there is.

open the disk folder where you installed Sharepoint

go to ProgramData\Microsoft\Sharepoint and add your farm account SP_Farm and your SP_Admin account to the security accounts with total control and thats all

check in all servers of your farm

I can not understand why the installation program fails on this.

Have you got also Spanish Locale?

Thanks

• Marked as answer by JLSF Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:10 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:20 AM

All replies

• I have the same issue with Sharepoint Foundation 2013. Every 5 minutes I get that error logged in Event Viewer. I've noticed that the folder "AppInstallation" does not exist there, but just creating one does not fix the problem.

Ricardo Costa

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:57 PM
  • Hi i found it

be careful because the folder "exist" the problem is that you can not see under the Farm Account  but there is.

open the disk folder where you installed Sharepoint

go to ProgramData\Microsoft\Sharepoint and add your farm account SP_Farm and your SP_Admin account to the security accounts with total control and thats all

check in all servers of your farm

I can not understand why the installation program fails on this.

Have you got also Spanish Locale?

Thanks

• Marked as answer by JLSF Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:10 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Thanks, that also worked for me.

I've got the English locale. It was an upgrade from Sharepoint Foundation 2010, maybe it somehow messed with the security settings during the process.

Ricardo Costa

Friday, November 23, 2012 4:59 AM