none
SSIS packages consume 100% of DTU Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been running my SSIS job that are connected to SQL Server Databases through SQL Agent for almost a year now, and I've never had any problems related to DTU consumption on Azure.

But for about 10 days now, whenever I start my job, it consumes 100% DTU and is most likely to stop at some point.

Have you ever had this kind of issue? If yes, could anyone please guide me toward a solution?

Thank you in advance !
    Friday, December 6, 2019 4:51 PM

All replies

• Hi butterfly72,

You need to check SSIS logs to see what is going on.

Friday, December 6, 2019 4:54 PM

• But for about 10 days now, whenever I start my job, it consumes 100% DTU and is most likely to stop at some point.

First, you can check what queries are taking longer and consuming more DTU in Azure SQL DB and later work on optimizing it.

For reference: https://sqlshots.com/blog/help-troubleshooting-high-dtu-utilisation/

If the response helped, do "Mark as answer" and upvote it
    - Vaibhav

Friday, December 6, 2019 7:26 PM
  • Hi butterfly72,

Please check the log in the job history.

The following links will be helpful:

Azure SQL Database “DTU percentage” metric

sys.dm_db_resource_stats (Azure SQL Database)

Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 9, 2019 6:49 AM
  • Hi,

May I know if you have anything to update?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. 

This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 16, 2019 8:08 AM