none
SCOM 2019 Web Console - Dashboard topology widget configuration is blank/empty RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, We upgraded our SCOM 2016 to 2019 and from the web console we cant add new topology widget in a dashboard view. The menu is blank / empty so impossible for us to configure the widget (see the screenshot attached).

Someone already encoutered this issue ?

Thank you. Jérémy

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 11:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jérémy,

Did you encounter any issues during the upgrade from SCOM 2016 to 2019?

Check if you receive any errors in the Operations Manager event log when trying to configure a topology widget.

Does this happen on every Web browser? Did you try on a different computer/Server?

I've read about some having blank widgets because they were using a different language/region, could you try checking if switching to English (United States) in your regional settings on the computer/server you are viewing the dashboard?

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 12:21 PM
  • Hi Leon,

Already tried all what you said. I succeed to catch the web error and it seems a object is missing..

<ErrorDetails><errorMessage>Objet de classe ManagementPackResource avec l'ID c4129d72-b436-3f7e-5886-57f58b349f6b introuvable.</errorMessage><errorTrace>   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ResourceServiceProxy.GetResourceDataById(Guid id)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ResourceManagement.GetResourceData(Guid resourceId)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ResourceManagement.GetResourceData(ManagementPackResource resource)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OMDataService.Service.DataAbstractionLayer.ManagementPackHelper.GetImageResourcesFromMP(ManagementGroup managementGroup, String managementPackName, List`1 imageIdsToFetch)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OMDataService.Service.Impl.Data.TopologyData.RetrieveTopologyImages()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OMDataService.Service.Impl.DataService.RetrieveTopologyImages()
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OMDataService.Controllers.DataController.RetrieveTopologyImages()
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext()</errorTrace></ErrorDetails>

Jérémy

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:23 PM
  • <ErrorDetails><errorMessage>Objet de classe ManagementPackResource avec l'ID c4129d72-b436-3f7e-5886-57f58b349f6b introuvable.</errorMessage><errorTrace>   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.Internal.ServiceProxy.HandleFault(String methodName, Message message)

Can you try to find out which Management Pack the ID refers to?

Get-SCOMManagementPack | Select-Object Name, FriendlyName, Id | ConvertTo-Csv | Out-File C:\Temp\InstalledMPs.csv

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:36 PM
  • Yes I did it in SQL:

select * from resource where resourceid='c4129d72-b436-3f7e-5886-57f58b349f6b'

select * from dbo.managementpackhistory where managementpackid='DA187E72-B9D7-9E16-D098-3B0A624DC38C'

MP cause : Microsoft.SystemCenter.OperationsManager.DefaultUser

I tried to delete it but impossible to import after, i have this error :

Default Management Pack could not be imported.

If any management packs in the Import list are dependent on this management pack, the installation of the dependent management packs will fail.

Cannot find resource with ID Microsoft.SystemCenter.OperationsManager.DefaultUser.ace70a24f20b45129dd6afde4053e63d.Image, Microsoft.SystemCenter.OperationsManager.DefaultUser.7c7cd026d1c24f24bba6a23e43c8b1a2.Image.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:54 PM
  • Ok it works after purged all occurences of the ressourceid (c4129...).

After import of the management pack and a iisreset, the widget is working well again !!!

Thx Leon for your help

Jérémy

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:15 PM
  • Hi All,

Wonderful discussion. And I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved.  Congratulations! Here, please let me write a summary for this issue that can help others who has the same issue:

Issue definition:

===========================

When create topology widget in Web Console, the configuration is empty.

Environment: SCOM 2019 (which is upgraded from SCOM 2016)

Troubleshooting and solution:

===========================

1. Capture web error and find the error “ManagementPackResource class object with ID c4129d72-b436-3f7e-5886-57f58b349f6b not found.”

2. Research resource table to find out which ManagementPackID it points, and then check the dbo.managementpackhistory table to find out which is the affected MP

select * from resource where resourceid='c4129d72-b436-3f7e-5886-57f58b349f6b'

select * from dbo.managementpackhistory where managementpackid='DA187E72-B9D7-9E16-D098-3B0A624DC38C'

3. In our case, the affected MP is “Microsoft.SystemCenter.OperationsManager.DefaultUser”.

4. Delete the affected MP and  try to import it again.

5. Find Failed with error “Default Management Pack could not be imported. If any management packs in the Import list are dependent on this management pack, the installation of the dependent management packs will fail.”

6. Purged all occurrences of the ressourceid (c4129...)., Import the MP and do iisreset.

7. The widget is working well

Thanks for your information and have a nice day!

Best regards.

Crystal

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:17 AM
  • Hello Again :)

The manipulation above works to clean occurences missing. But when you want to upload a new image again, the problem comes back.

I traced network flow (F12) and there is a problem on the PUT to upload the image.

1. 500 error PUT

Corresponding to  this error :

Aucune information de style ne semble associée à ce fichier XML. L’arbre du document est affiché ci-dessous.
            <Error><Message>The requested resource does not support http method 'POST'.</Message></Error>

Any patch from Microsoft ? :-)

Jérémy

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 3:13 PM
  • Hi Jérémy,

For the error message, I am not familiar. Could you try to reinstall web console to see if the error will go away.

Best regards.

Crystal

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:47 AM
  • Hello,
    I already tried this :
    - Reinstall on my production environnent => KO
    - Install a new platform from scratch => KO

The question is, someone is he already using topology widget on the HTML5 web console ?

Jérémy
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi Jérémy,

My environment is SCOM 2019 English. It is working well as below: 

From your picture, it seems to be French. Is that right?

Best regards.

Crystal

Friday, October 11, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Hello Crystal,

Did you tried to upload a picture ?

This is the same with english langage..

Jérémy

Friday, October 11, 2019 2:16 PM
  • Hi Jérémy,

Tried and find it is also working when we click Add image and upload picture:

Maybe we can repair SCOM to see if it is working.

Best regards.

Crystal

Monday, October 14, 2019 6:28 AM
  • Hello,

I really dont know what happen. I tested on a fresh installation (SCOM 2019 / WS 2019 FULL EN) and it doesn't work with the same error..

From wich browser do you test ?

Jérémy

Monday, October 14, 2019 9:08 AM
  • I've encountered some strange issues when using a different language than English, I always encourage my customers to use the English language (if possible) because of this.

Monday, October 14, 2019 9:11 AM
  • Crystal, Leon,

I finally succeded to create topology widget but with the chrome web browser and only when i specify english language on the browser.

Just have to try it again on my production environment.

Thx a lot to you both !

Jérémy

Monday, October 14, 2019 11:43 AM
  • The language can be a bit buggy, I'm glad you've got some progress on this.

Let us know how it goes in your production environment!

Monday, October 14, 2019 11:58 AM
  • Hi Jérémy,

Thanks for your update. I am glad to hear that our issue has some progress. As you will try it on the production environment, you will wait here for your update. if there's anything we can help, feel free to let us know.

Thanks and have a nice day!

best regards.

Crystal

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:56 AM
  • Hello,

All is fine in my production environment !

Juste have to check browser language before working on it :-)

Thanks,

Jérémy

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 6:19 AM
  • Hi Jérémy,

Thanks for your update. I am glad to hear that all is fine in the production environment. And Thanks for your sharing.

Best regards.

Crystal

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:41 AM