none
Problem sharing MSProject file with background colour RRS feed

• Question

• A colleague and I are both working on a MSP2010 plan, sharing it by mail, for each other to see changes made.  The problem we have is that, to identify the changes made, my colleague shades some of the cells/rows in the Gantt view (setting the background colour), but when I open the plan I don’t see the shading, however third colleague does see the shaded cells/rows.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thursday, September 6, 2018 8:41 AM

Answers

• Use the "Marked" column. In "Format, Text Styles" you can choose to highlight marked items with different text colour or background.

When you or your colleague has checked the changes you can change the marked flag to "No" and the formatting will disappear. This also won't mess with any cell formatting you might have set up for various reasons.

• Marked as answer by DerfNotwen Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:30 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:14 PM

All replies

• Use the "Marked" column. In "Format, Text Styles" you can choose to highlight marked items with different text colour or background.

When you or your colleague has checked the changes you can change the marked flag to "No" and the formatting will disappear. This also won't mess with any cell formatting you might have set up for various reasons.

• Marked as answer by DerfNotwen Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:30 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 1:14 PM
  • Thanks for that, just what I need.
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:31 AM