none
How to assign these permissions for sql dbengine via group policy? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The SQL account needed for dbengine must have these permissions below applied via group policy...They are not available under user rights assignment - so how are they to be applied?

The ones not in the user rights assignment page are:

• Permission to start SQL Writer
    • Permission to read the Event Log service
    • Permission to read the Remote Procedure Call service

Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:09 PM

All replies

• Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:35 PM
  • Did you even read my question? It says how to ASSIGN using GROUP POLICY - it does not ask: what are the permissions....I know what the permissions are - I am asking how to use GROUP POLICY to assign them...

Normally I do not leave bad comments for bad answers but copying and pasting a link that has nothing to do with the question is not on - READ the question.

Monday, November 18, 2019 10:12 AM
  • Hi shinobigoh,

What service account did you use for your sql server? Is it a domain user account?These are services. As a result, any account with the permission to stop and start services can stop and start these. You donnot need to grant them to a  user account.

As also mentioned in the link provided by Tom ,The account assigned to start a service needs the Start, stop and pause permission for the service. The SQL Server Setup program automatically assigns this. 

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:40 AM