none
Event ID: 36872

Question

• Hi, I'm having this Event ID in my DC, could use some help here..

I have completed my transition from Server 2003 std to Server 2008, compiled and followed all the thread regarding Server 2008 transitioning and successfully promoted my 1st Server 2008 DC without any problems. I take it that this was a successful transition as i did not get any errors or warning from both my OLD 2003 DC and the new 2008 DC. Feels good until i transferred the Schema and Domain Naming Master Role from my old DC to the new 2008 DC. I received Event ID 36872, Schannel : No suitable default server credential exists on this system. This will prevent server applications that expect to make use of the system default credentials from accepting SSL connections. An example of such an application is the directory server. Applications that manage their own credentials, such as the internet information server, are not affected by this.

I have some friends that telling me that this got something to do with CA's. I don't really know if any CA has been enrolled or created for the domain / dc as this DC was already there when i joined this company. Any one can help, appreciate it. Let me know if i did not provide enough information on this.

FYI, i am having 2 DC in my current office and other 10 DC's in remote site. 1 forest and 1 domain. Connected via VPN tunnel. Using UTP appliance for VPN connection to remote site.

• Edited by Sparcx Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:42 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:23 AM

Answers

All replies