none
All reports fail in SCOM Auditing Reports RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I want to configure "Auditing Collection Services" on SCOM 2019.

    All installation was successful. Ich could connect also Reporting Services and Reports with following URL

    https://reporting.mydomain.com/Reports_SCOMRS/

    Then I want to confugure first "Audit Reports" and selected "DB Audit".

    And selected under "Credentials" the option "Windows user name and password".

    To create an auditing report I selected any report under "Audit Reports" and then "Access_Violation_-_Account_Locked" report.

    I tried to generate report using "View Report", but this generates the following error:

    • An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Cannot create a connection to data source 'DB_Audit'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
        • Cannot open database "OperationsManagerAC" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\User'.

    DOMAIN\User has definetly rights on SQL Reporting Services and on ACS database.

    I noticed the database name. In the error, the database name is "OperationsManagerAC", but our ACS database has a different name. I think that is the issue. But I don't know how I can solve it.

    Best regards

    Birdal

    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:59 AM

Answers

  • Hi Birdal,

    Try to change the database behind the catalog to see if anything will be different.

    Best regards.

    Crystal


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    • Marked as answer by _Birdal Friday, October 18, 2019 7:03 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2019 2:40 AM

All replies

  • May just be a matter of channging the connection string details in your data source to point to the correct database.
    Should be able to click those dots on the DB Audit icon and change it in the data source properties.

    Not sure how it would have created the data source within the installation with the wrong DB name though. But worth checking


    Website: www.walshamsolutions.com Technical Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/technical-blog Personal Blog: https://www.walshamsolutions.com/personal-blog Twitter: Dwalshampro

    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 1:29 PM
  • Hi Birdal,

     

    Please check if there’s Connection string under DB_Audit and change the database to what we are.

     

     

    Hope it can help.

     

    Best regards.

    Crystal


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:12 AM
  • Hi Crystal,

    yes, it exists and it is correct:

    data source=SCOMSERVER\MYINSTANCE;initial catalog=OperationsManagerAC;Integrated Security=SSPI

    I asky myself if the catalogname "catalog=OperationsManagerAC" is correct?!

    Best regards

    Birdal

    Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Hi Dwalsham,

    yes, it exists. The server name and database instance name is correct.

    Best regards

    Birdal

    Thursday, October 17, 2019 9:38 AM
  • Hi Birdal,

    Try to change the database behind the catalog to see if anything will be different.

    Best regards.

    Crystal


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    • Marked as answer by _Birdal Friday, October 18, 2019 7:03 AM
    Friday, October 18, 2019 2:40 AM
  • Perfect Crystal,

    I changed the catalog name from OperationsManagerAC to our DB-Name in our infrastructure. I worked!

    Why the installationprocess does not use the Aauditing databse correctly, I don't know. I did not know also that it is meant "with catalog" the database.

    I will open another ticket, because I see no data in Auditing reports...

    Best regards

    Birdal


    Friday, October 18, 2019 7:03 AM
  • Hi Birdal,

     

    Thanks for marking our reply as answer. I am glad to hear that it is working after changing the Catalog to our correct database. Congratulations!

     

    Based as I know, the connection string for SQL reporting service is with the following format. When generate report, it seems to connects to related database according to the connection string.

    data source=<DBINSTANCE orListenerDetails>;initial catalog=<DB Name>;IntegratedSecurity=SSP

     

    For the empty report, I find one similar thread. You can read it when you open a ticket.

    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/77e0f76a-110d-498f-af85-9b47704f2e65/audit-reports-empty?forum=operationsmanagerreporting

     

    At last, please let me make a summary of our issue:

     

    Issue:

    ===============

    Generate audit report using "View Report" but gets the error:”An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)  Cannot create a connection to data source 'DB_Audit'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Cannot open database "OperationsManagerAC" requested by the login. The login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\User'.”

     

    Solution:

    ==============

    Change the catalog under connection string to the correct database we created when deploying ACS,

    data source=<DBINSTANCE or Listener Details>;initial catalog=<DB Name>;Integrated Security=SSP

     

    Thanks for posting in our forum and have a nice day!

     

    Best regards.

    Crystal


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Friday, October 18, 2019 7:36 AM