none
explanation about the document of Availability Metrics of Azure Storage

Question

• Hi all,

I have a question regarding Availability metrics, as per the document excerpt from Microsoft,

"Availability The percentage of availability for the storage service or the specified API operation. Availability is calculated by taking the total billable requests value and dividing it by the number of applicable requests, including those requests that produced unexpected errors. All unexpected errors result in reduced availability for the storage service or the specified API operation."

Here it says that total billable requests by number of applicable requests.

what is applicable requests, how it is different from billable requests

thanks,

Kalpa

Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Kalpa, Here's the latest SLA for Azure Storage(Updated March 2019) :https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/legal/sla/storage/v1_4/

It includes availability in details. Could you share the link where you captured the statement from of this new link doesn't answer your request? 

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Friday, May 17, 2019 9:56 PM
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply, please find it at ,

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/pricing/details/monitor/

thanks,

Kalpa
    Monday, May 20, 2019 1:38 PM
  • so the applicable requests stands for all requests made, regardless if they were successful or not, the billable requests would be only the ones which succeeded. Let me know if this clarifies the question.

Thanks,

Adam

Monday, May 20, 2019 4:43 PM
  • Hi  Adam,

Thanks for the clarification, have another question, I dont see the cost specified for different aggregation. for example,  for storage, it can be UsedCapacity, total or avg aggregation types, the document specify the total number of data points, but, it doesnt ell about the aggregation costs and querying different aggregation in one call.it says that 1440 data points as one API call. but, how about different kinds of aggregation on that data point, for example, there is usedcapacity stored for every one minute, so, 1440 points, If I chose a avg used capacity for 1 hour & also total aggregation value on that for 1 hour. or may be maximum or minimum.

how costing is considered for different aggregation over data points. so, costing is only based on data points or different kind of aggregation(execution) also.

any idea about this,

thanks,

kalpa

Friday, May 24, 2019 1:35 PM