none
Periodic project task update - partial complete to 100% complete RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

We have a requirement to make tasks 100% complete once it becomes greater than 0% by team members. Currently I modify task % complete from Project 2013 Professional and publish to Project 2013 Server.

Can I make this automatic? 

I thought about following options but I'm not sure if this is technically feasible. Any opinion is welcomed!

- Option A: Set SQL server trigger to task percent complete column

- Option B: Run shell script to run PSI-based web service to update task percent

The situation is somewhat similar to this thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4e9af917-637f-4321-a689-ea294d2988ec/how-can-2-resources-update-a-task-using-pwa-and-not-having-the-work-complete-being-split?forum=projectserver2010general

Monday, April 20, 2015 6:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Shawn JongHyuck Jung,

Please note Option A is not supported.

I would say you can either go with Option B (have a PowerShell script running on a regular basis and update the tasks)  or

Option C - an Event handler which either rejects any updates with less than 100 or automatically sets the  percentage completed to 100

I would personally go with option B and have the script running on a nightly basis in case you do not want to have the 'real time' information

Hope this helps

Paul

Monday, April 20, 2015 10:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Shawn JongHyuck Jung,

Please note Option A is not supported.

I would say you can either go with Option B (have a PowerShell script running on a regular basis and update the tasks)  or

Option C - an Event handler which either rejects any updates with less than 100 or automatically sets the  percentage completed to 100

I would personally go with option B and have the script running on a nightly basis in case you do not want to have the 'real time' information

Hope this helps

Paul

Monday, April 20, 2015 10:26 PM
  • Thank you, Paul!

Now I'm working on Powershell scripting. :)

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 3:44 PM