none
Setting a column as a date field using AMO Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Tabular RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We build all our tabular model cubes using AMO. We are attempting to setup a model to utilize a date field. If doing this through Visual Studio you can set the calendar dimension as a Date Table.

I am unable to find a way to do this programmatically using C# and VS. Here is a Link how to do it through Visual Studio.

The current implementation of the datetime field in the project Tabular.DataType.DateTime has no affect on the column and it still comes through as string field in Excel pivots. If we trying and use timeline or filter on this field it thinks it is text.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Simon.

Friday, May 22, 2020 1:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Simon,

I've not found any documentation about this kind of class in AMO or TOM, I tend to think this is currently not possible for SSAS.

We could wait to see if any other expertise have similar experience or project.

Meanwhile, you could go to the official site offer our feedback on this.

I suggest you submit the requirement at https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server.

If the requirement mentioned by customers for many times, the product team may consider to add this feature in the next SQL Server version. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 8:12 AM