none
Microsoft Remote Desktop unable to connect Code ox104 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I try to connect my Mac to the office with Microsoft Remote Desktop (last version) but can't do it. I receive:

We couldn't connect to the remote PC because the PC can't be found...... Error Code: ox104

I have another Mac which connect easily with the same setup.  Do you know what could be the problem ?

The correct Mac use OSX High Sierra and the one I have problems use OSX Mojave.  Thanks

Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:16 PM

Answers

• HI

1 if you install Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.0 (1638) on your MAC system ,will the problem persist ?

Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.0 (1638)
    https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/5e0c144289a51fca2d3bfa39ce7f2b06/

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

can you enter winver in command prompt on remote pc and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]

3 Are
    OSX Mojave and OSX High Sierra in the same network segment ?
    4 after we install 
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.0 (1638) on OSX Mojave and there is still Error code 0x104 .we can write down the error time and look if there are more related log in below location on remote pc.

event viewer\windows logs\

application

security

system

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-SessionServices_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteApp and Desktop Connections_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -RemoteApp and Desktop Connections_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-ClientUSBDevices_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-ClientUSBDevices_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-PnPDevices_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-PnPDevices_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Printers_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Printers_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connection management

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by legarem Friday, August 23, 2019 2:01 PM
    Friday, August 23, 2019 9:59 AM

All replies

• Please post your question in Windows Desktop forums for quick and efficient response. this forums is for Directory Services...

Thanks

Thursday, August 22, 2019 1:54 PM
  • HI

1 if you install Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.0 (1638) on your MAC system ,will the problem persist ?

Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.0 (1638)

Please Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

can you enter winver in command prompt on remote pc and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 10  enterprise 1809 (os build 17763.316)]

3 Are
    OSX Mojave and OSX High Sierra in the same network segment ?
    4 after we install 
    Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.0 (1638) on OSX Mojave and there is still Error code 0x104 .we can write down the error time and look if there are more related log in below location on remote pc.

event viewer\windows logs\

application

security

system

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-SessionServices_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteApp and Desktop Connections_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -RemoteApp and Desktop Connections_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-ClientUSBDevices_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-ClientUSBDevices_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-PnPDevices_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-PnPDevices_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Printers_Admin

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs -Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Printers_Operational

Event Viewer – Applications and Services Logs – Microsoft – Windows-remoteapp and desktop connection management

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by legarem Friday, August 23, 2019 2:01 PM
    Friday, August 23, 2019 9:59 AM
  • I tried 10.3.0  version and it is doing the same thing.

As I have another Mac with Mojave. I will try if it is doing the same

Thanks

Friday, August 23, 2019 9:34 PM
  • I tried 10.3.0  version and it is doing the same thing.

As I have another Mac with Mojave. I will try if it is doing the same

Thanks

I installed it in another Mac with OSX Mojave and I have the same results. I concluded that it don't work with OSX Mojave. No problems with OSX High Sierra. Too bad.

Sunday, August 25, 2019 1:11 PM
  • HI
     5 what's the detail os version number of OSX Mojave ?
    6 can you backup your MAC computer and check if below method can help you?
    "I've found a relatively simple fix:

1) Boot into the recovery system by holding Command + R when rebooting
    2) In the "Utilities" drop down, select and open the Terminal
    3) In the Terminal type: spctl kext-consent add AH4XFXJ7DK
    4) Reboot again."
    Code ox104
    https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=115570

7 did you remote access from 
    Mojave computer in your home network to your computer in office network ? what's the os version of your computer in office network ?

8 did you use remote desktop gateway or vpn on your 
    Mojave computer to remote access office pc ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, August 26, 2019 5:50 AM
  • I tried with terminal and it didn't work. I don't use gateway.

I use my Mac with Mojave OSX 10.14.6 to connect to the office which use Windows. As mentioned, With OSX High Sierra OSX 10.13...It worked flawlessly.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:08 PM
  • HI
    Try to install  Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac Version 10.3.2 (1650) then check if it will help you.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Monday, September 9, 2019 10:09 AM
  • I'm having the same issues. I have Mac OSX Mojave 10.14.5, and Microsoft Remote Desktop 10.3.2, and am getting error code 0x104. I'm trying to connect to a Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.356
    Friday, September 13, 2019 11:36 PM
  • I finally resolved this problem by tryings and errors. You open Microsoft Remote Desktop, you go on top to Connections / import desktops. You choose a desktop which previously worked in another OS, you import it and it works. With file importation MRD works but if you try to add a file by adding a desktop by writing your parameters, it doesn't works with Mojave. 
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 5:23 PM