Deleted RRS feed

Answers

• First, "Sign-In as different" user should not be available in SP2013 as it was removed for security reasons. Did you manage to have it back ?

If you want to do a custom code to handle your problem, you should consider some points :

• the cookies from the previous user should be totally cleared to prevent security issues
    • your subsite url should be use to redirect your new user once signed in, but how will you handle the home page for each of your users ?
    • will you have a fiwed home page or are your user supposed to be redirected to the page they tried to reach before signing in ?

A lot a questions must be answerd, my opinion is that the required effort to solve your problem will be su huge compared to the benefits.

By nature, SharePoint is a portal which means that all users access content from a home page.

If you really need to have your users redirected to one subsite (for security reasons for instance) why not trying to do a second web application ?

Fabrice DG, Technical Solutions Professional, EMEA at AvePoint
    Follow my technical blog (french).

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hello,

this is the SP 2010 forum but I can try to answer you :)

if you try to access a site without having permission, it's normal to be redirected to the access request page, as is the behaviour of directing a new connected user to the home page of your site.

If you want a user to be redirected to the subsite when he's signed in, it's, afaik, not possible out of the box.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:33 PM
  • Deleted
    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:58 PM
  • First, "Sign-In as different" user should not be available in SP2013 as it was removed for security reasons. Did you manage to have it back ?

If you want to do a custom code to handle your problem, you should consider some points :

• the cookies from the previous user should be totally cleared to prevent security issues
    • your subsite url should be use to redirect your new user once signed in, but how will you handle the home page for each of your users ?
    • will you have a fiwed home page or are your user supposed to be redirected to the page they tried to reach before signing in ?

A lot a questions must be answerd, my opinion is that the required effort to solve your problem will be su huge compared to the benefits.

By nature, SharePoint is a portal which means that all users access content from a home page.

If you really need to have your users redirected to one subsite (for security reasons for instance) why not trying to do a second web application ?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:23 PM
  • Deleted
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:17 PM