none
Site Title not showing RRS feed

• Question

• On one of my site collections, Site Title is not showing. I went to Site Settings> Title, Description, and logo and made sure that the title is there. I tried dismount/mount the Database, iisreset and that didn't help either.

I migrated this particular database (on which this site collection is) from SharePoint 2010 and then updated the user experience.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Friday, May 10, 2013 2:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• try via powershell, following url will help you

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/14265/set-spweb-title-on-a-sharepoint-site-using-powershell

also check whether the same issue is happening in another site or not?

Regards  Roy Joyson
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem

Roy Joyson

Friday, May 10, 2013 2:40 PM
  • Thank you for your reply Roy,

I tried powershell

$spsite= get-spweb -identity <site URL>
    $spsite.Title= "Title"
    $spsite.update()

and it changed the title, under site settings but still not showing on the page. Rest of the sites do not have that issue, as all of them were made fresh on SharePoint 2013 DBs. This is the only one I migrated from 2010.

Friday, May 10, 2013 3:11 PM
  • can u open the master page from this migrated site and the one non migrated site and compare....try to idenitfy any tag missing or any difference is there on the title element.

Regards  Roy Joyson
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem

Roy Joyson

Friday, May 10, 2013 3:20 PM
  • I think this is the time when I am ready to throw my "newbie" flag.

Just so I get it right, I should go to SharePoint designer and open non migrated and migrated site (with errors) and then open v4.master pages for both sites and search for "title" and see if there is any difference of code between the two?

Thank you for your patience and support.
    Friday, May 10, 2013 4:10 PM
  • Ya please try that way...

Roy Joyson

Friday, May 10, 2013 5:23 PM