none
SharePoint List Lookup Column is not Displayed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, there,

I want to create a list in which one column obtains data from a column of another list. Say, list Courses contains ID, Course Name and Date, 3 columns. List Registrants contains ID, Course Name(from ListA), Registrant Name, 3 columns. When I create Registrants, the column Course Name is a Lookup field from Courses, Course Name column.

When a user register a course on Courses, this Course Name shall be added to Registrants list. But Lookup field does not do the needed job for me. What shall I do?

Thank you!

EW2011

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:33 AM not bi (From:SharePoint - Business Intelligence (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:07 PM

Answers

• When a user register a course on Courses, this Course Name shall be added to Registrants list. But Lookup field does not do the needed job for me. What shall I do?

Can you explain this statement?

In what you described, you created a lookup column in the Registrants list that looks up to the Course Name column from the Courses list. When a user creates a new item in Registrants, the user should see a list of the course names entered from the Courses list.

Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:32 AM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 3:19 AM