none
Windows 7 Time service and time syncro issues on 2 separate PC's RRS feed

• Question

• I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 and the windows 7 time service was listed in the services listing.
    However after updating through windows update the time service has disappeared and now when I try to open time syncro in "change date and time"
    I get "Unable to continue, you don't have permission to complete this task, contact  your administrator"

even though I am the ONLY user of this PC and I have ownership of every single item on all my hard drives.

My brother's PC has an issue where you can open time sync, but when you press 'Sync now" (or whatever it says)
    you get an "Unable to start windows time service" error.

Any insight would helpful , thanks!
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 1:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Regarding your problem, please ensure that your user account is in the local administrators group:

Type compmgmt.msc in start box, open Computer Management, expand Local Users and Groups, click on Groups.

Double-click the Administrators group.  Make sure your username shows under Members.  If not, please add it.

For your brother’s issue, I would like to suggest you restore Windows Time service on local computer to default settings:

Restore Windows Time service on local computer to default settings: Windows Time Service

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:42 AM