none
SQL Server 2019 service won't start RRS feed

• Question

• I just downloaded and install SQL server 2019 on my windows 10. But i was not able to connect to it via SSMS.

I went to the services and saw that "SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)" service is not started. When i start the service it shows message

"The sql server mssqlserver service on local computer started and stopped"

I checked for event log and there is an error "SQL Server is terminating a system or background task Logwriter Task due to errors in starting up the task (setup state 8)."

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:15 PM

All replies

• Could you please post any errors from install log/event logs.

Best Regards. Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:17 PM
  • Hi fazal wahid56,

Could you please share us the detailed error message which is located at Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL15.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Log\ERRORLOG about your issue?

In addition, please check the account that has been assigned to the service (SQL Server Service-> property->Log On tab). If you have specified an account for this, make sure you have set the correct password.

Best Regards,

Amelia Gu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 5:43 AM
  • Error: 17312, Severity: 16, State: 1. 2019-11-04 01:12:49.11 spid2s SQL Server is terminating a system or background task AzureLeaseRenewalTask due to errors in starting up the task (setup state 8). 2019-11-04 01:12:49.11 spid1s CImageHelper::Init () Version-specific dbghelp.dll is not used 2019-11-04 01:12:49.11 spid2s Error: 28709, Severity: 16, State: 19. 2019-11-04 01:12:49.11 spid2s Dispatcher was unable to create new thread. 2019-11-04 01:12:49.13 spid1s ***Stack Dump being sent to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL15.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\LOG\SQLDump0007.txt 2019-11-04 01:12:49.13 spid1s SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 1 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process.
    Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:20 PM
  • Hi fazal wahid56,

>>Error: 17312   Error: 28709

This issue may be due to insufficient memory available to the SQL Server instance.

How much memory is configured in the SQL Server?

You could add the -f -m parameter to the SQL Server startup parameters to minimize the startup of the database in single-user mode using the following command from the command prompt:

net stop MSSQLServer (for default instance) / net stop MSSQL$<InstanceName> (for named instance)

net start MSSQLServer /m SQLCMD (for default instance) / net start MSSQL$<InstanceName> /m SQLCMD (for named instance)

Then you can connect SQL Server instance using the administrator account and modify the maximum server memory in SSMS:

EXEC sp_configure 'show advanced option', '1'

GO

RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE

GO

EXEC sp_configure 'max server memory', '102400'

GO

RECONFIGURE WITH OVERRIDE

GO

you need to set the value based on your requirement.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards.

Amelia Gu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:20 AM