Composed Look and System Master Page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been able to create my composed looks, but it keeps resetting our System Master Page setting to match that of the composed look master page setting.

My Question - Is there a way like an event reciever or something so I can extend the Composed Look list to set different System Master pages? Seems pretty cool to let users choose there own look, but we do not want to change the backend look and feel as a few scenarios remove useful key elements when in the backend from in the display if its a team site compared to a published site.

I cannot use a web feature, or make it part of the site feature because there are multiple composed looks and i need it to apply the system master page when the user chooses "apply this look" or what ever that label is they click.

Thanks

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:43 AM

Answers

• I haven't test this but when you hit apply on a composed look the Composed Look list is supposed to be updated.

I've read that SharePoint updates the 'Current Item' in this list to reflect your newly changed settings. 

You could try an event receiver on that list for Item Updated on the SPListTemplateType.DesignCatalog template type ID = 124, which is the Compose Look List.

Found the reference

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj927175(v=office.15).aspx#section3

When a user applies a theme in the Change the look wizard, the wizard also updates a theme named Current in the Composed Looks list and the design gallery. When you apply a theme programmatically, you have to update the Current theme manually. The following example shows how to update the Current theme.

-tom daly

• Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Sunday, June 8, 2014 4:39 AM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 1:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Out of the Box it's not possible however you can customize the solution as per the requirement.

Regards, Sachin

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:47 AM
  • figured as much but how would one customize the event of when a user clicks the button to choose the composed look.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:46 PM
  • I haven't test this but when you hit apply on a composed look the Composed Look list is supposed to be updated.

I've read that SharePoint updates the 'Current Item' in this list to reflect your newly changed settings. 

You could try an event receiver on that list for Item Updated on the SPListTemplateType.DesignCatalog template type ID = 124, which is the Compose Look List.

Found the reference

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj927175(v=office.15).aspx#section3

When a user applies a theme in the Change the look wizard, the wizard also updates a theme named Current in the Composed Looks list and the design gallery. When you apply a theme programmatically, you have to update the Current theme manually. The following example shows how to update the Current theme.

-tom daly

• Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Sunday, June 8, 2014 4:39 AM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 1:27 AM