none
How disable TrimDuplicates in the search result webpart under SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Where has the checkbox TrimDuplicates gone? It was possible to enable or diable Trimduplicates in the Core Result WebPart of SharePoint 2010. Does anyone know how to disable this under SharePoint 2013.

Monday, February 11, 2013 12:29 PM

All replies

• Did you check "Show View Duplicates link" checkbox in "Settings" of Search Results Web Part? Please note that in constrast to SP2010, View duplicates link is located on hover panel, near Open and Send .
    Monday, February 11, 2013 1:48 PM
  • Thanks for your reply - I need to display the duplicates within the normal results. Often duplicates are far away to be a duplicate ... I need to be sure that for example all document I am looking for are displayed in the search results without checking every item/hover panel.
    Monday, February 11, 2013 5:11 PM
  • This has driven me insane too! I'm trying to build powerful solutions using Search web parts and it keeps on cutting out lots and lots of results deeming them duplicate, even when they are not!!!

example: using search do display a list of sharepoint sites instead of using navigation to find the sub sites. Impossible when all duplicates are being trimmed!

Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:04 PM
  • This was driving me insane for days as well, and I finally found a solution. What I did was:

1. Add a standard search result webpart to a page
    2. Export the webpart and save it on disk
    3. Edit the *.webpart file that was exported in notepad
    4. Look for the text: "TrimDuplicates":true
    5. Change it to: "TrimDuplicates":false
    6. Save the file and and import it as a new webpart
    • Proposed as answer by engern Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:13 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:12 AM
  • This was driving me insane for days as well, and I finally found a solution. What I did was:

1. Add a standard search result webpart to a page
    2. Export the webpart and save it on disk
    3. Edit the *.webpart file that was exported in notepad
    4. Look for the text: "TrimDuplicates":true
    5. Change it to: "TrimDuplicates":false
    6. Save the file and and import it as a new webpart
    Something I'm not getting about this solution. I can do steps 1-5 but where do I upload and put the webpart? This solution is not working for me. Driving me nuts because everyone says it's so easy.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:28 PM
  • You don't need to export the Web Part. Here are the steps:

1. Edit the Search Results Web Part
    2. Click on Change Query
    3. Click on Settings
    4. Click on Don't remove duplicates

• Edited by KM KTNN Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:59 PM
    • Proposed as answer by R0ber7oMVP Sunday, May 24, 2015 8:45 AM
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 5:57 PM
  • I don't see the Remove Duplicates from the Settings page. On two different SP2013 sites, this same web part - Change Query - Settings end at Loading Behavior. Any thoughts?
    Friday, May 27, 2016 10:59 PM
  • The option doesn't exist in the Content Search Web Part (Content Rollup > Content Search) - SharePoint 2013 Server Enterprise. It exists in the Search Results Web Part (Search > Search Results) - SharePoint 2013 Server Standard.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 5:41 PM
  • CZECH SHAREPOINT
    =============

Find page osssearchresults.aspx (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS) and

a) create backup this file
    b) Replace <SearchWC:SearchBoxScriptWebPart ....

<SearchWC:SearchBoxScriptWebPart runat="server" QueryGroupNamesJson="[&quot;Default&quot;]" PageTitlePrefix="<%$Resources:Microsoft.Office.Server.Search, Search_Results_Page_Title%>" StatesJson="{}" ServerIncludeScriptsJson="null" Title="Vyhled&#225;vac&#237; pole" FrameType="None" SuppressWebPartChrome="False" Description="Zobraz&#237; vyhled&#225;vac&#237; pole, jež uživatelům umožn&#237; vyhledat informace." IsIncluded="True" PartOrder="2" FrameState="Normal" AllowRemove="True" AllowZoneChange="True" AllowMinimize="True" AllowConnect="True" AllowEdit="True" AllowHide="True" IsVisible="True" DetailLink="" HelpLink="" HelpMode="Modeless" Dir="Default" PartImageSmall="" MissingAssembly="Cannot import this Web Part." ImportErrorMessage="Cannot import this Web Part." PartImageLarge="" IsIncludedFilter="" ExportControlledProperties="True" ConnectionID="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" ID="g_6d6a2925_41bf_41ee_9581_a93d8936010f" ChromeType="None" ExportMode="All" __MarkupType="vsattributemarkup" __WebPartId="{6D6A2925-41BF-41EE-9581-A93D8936010F}" WebPart="true" Height="" Width=""></SearchWC:SearchBoxScriptWebPart>

<SearchWC:ResultScriptWebPart runat="server" DataProviderJSON="{&quot;QueryGroupName&quot;:&quot;Default&quot;,&quot;QueryPropertiesTemplateUrl&quot;:&quot;sitesearch://webroot&quot;,&quot;IgnoreQueryPropertiesTemplateUrl&quot;:false,&quot;SourceID&quot;:&quot;8413cd39-2156-4e00-b54d-11efd9abdb89&quot;,&quot;SourceName&quot;:&quot;Local SharePoint Results&quot;,&quot;SourceLevel&quot;:&quot;Ssa&quot;,&quot;CollapseSpecification&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;QueryTemplate&quot;:&quot;{searchboxquery}&quot;,&quot;FallbackSort&quot;:[{&quot;p&quot;:&quot;LastModifiedTime&quot;,&quot;d&quot;:1}],&quot;FallbackSortJson&quot;:&quot;[{\&quot;p\&quot;:\&quot;LastModifiedTime\&quot;,\&quot;d\&quot;:1}]&quot;,&quot;RankRules&quot;:null,&quot;RankRulesJson&quot;:&quot;null&quot;,&quot;AsynchronousResultRetrieval&quot;:false,&quot;SendContentBeforeQuery&quot;:true,&quot;BatchClientQuery&quot;:true,&quot;FallbackLanguage&quot;:-1,&quot;FallbackRankingModelID&quot;:&quot;&quot;,&quot;EnableStemming&quot;:true,&quot;EnablePhonetic&quot;:false,&quot;EnableNicknames&quot;:false,&quot;EnableInterleaving&quot;:true,&quot;EnableQueryRules&quot;:true,&quot;EnableOrderingHitHighlightedProperty&quot;:false,&quot;HitHighlightedMultivaluePropertyLimit&quot;:-1,&quot;IgnoreContextualScope&quot;:false,&quot;ScopeResultsToCurrentSite&quot;:false,&quot;TrimDuplicates&quot;:false,&quot;Properties&quot;:{&quot;ListId&quot;:&quot;00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000&quot;},&quot;PropertiesJson&quot;:&quot;{\&quot;ListId\&quot;:\&quot;00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000\&quot;}&quot;,&quot;ClientType&quot;:&quot;AllResultsQuery&quot;,&quot;UpdateAjaxNavigate&quot;:true,&quot;SummaryLength&quot;:180,&quot;DesiredSnippetLength&quot;:90,&quot;PersonalizedQuery&quot;:false,&quot;FallbackRefinementFilters&quot;:null,&quot;IgnoreStaleServerQuery&quot;:true,&quot;RenderTemplateId&quot;:&quot;DefaultDataProvider&quot;,&quot;AlternateErrorMessage&quot;:null,&quot;Title&quot;:&quot;&quot;}" ItemTemplateId="" ItemBodyTemplateId="~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Item_CommonItem_Body.js" ResultTypeId="" SelectedPropertiesJson="null" HitHighlightedPropertiesJson="[&quot;Title&quot;,&quot;Path&quot;,&quot;Author&quot;,&quot;SectionNames&quot;,&quot;SiteDescription&quot;]" AvailableSortsJson="[{&quot;name&quot;:&quot;Relevance&quot;,&quot;sorts&quot;:[]},{&quot;name&quot;:&quot;Datum (nejnovějš&#237;)&quot;,&quot;sorts&quot;:[{&quot;p&quot;:&quot;Write&quot;,&quot;d&quot;:1}]},{&quot;name&quot;:&quot;Datum (nejstarš&#237;)&quot;,&quot;sorts&quot;:[{&quot;p&quot;:&quot;Write&quot;,&quot;d&quot;:0}]},{&quot;name&quot;:&quot;Zobrazen&#237; životnosti&quot;,&quot;sorts&quot;:[{&quot;p&quot;:&quot;ViewsLifeTime&quot;,&quot;d&quot;:1}]},{&quot;name&quot;:&quot;Posledn&#237; zobrazen&#237;&quot;,&quot;sorts&quot;:[{&quot;p&quot;:&quot;ViewsRecent&quot;,&quot;d&quot;:1}]}]" ShowUpScopeMessage="True" ScrollToTopOnRedraw="True" PreloadedItemTemplateIdsJson="[&quot;~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Group_Default.js&quot;,&quot;~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Item_Default.js&quot;,&quot;~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Item_Site.js&quot;,&quot;~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Item_Word.js&quot;,&quot;~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Item_PowerPoint.js&quot;,&quot;~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Item_Person_CompactHorizontal.js&quot;,&quot;~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Item_BestBet.js&quot;,&quot;~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Item_WebPage.js&quot;]" ShowAlertMe="False" ShowViewDuplicates="True" QueryGroupName="Default" RenderTemplateId="~sitecollection/_catalogs/masterpage/Display Templates/Search/Control_SearchResults.js" StatesJson="{}" ServerIncludeScriptsJson="null" Title="V&#253;sledky hled&#225;n&#237;" FrameType="None" SuppressWebPartChrome="False" Description="Zobraz&#237; v&#253;sledky hled&#225;n&#237; a vlastnosti s nimi spojen&#233;." IsIncluded="True" PartOrder="4" FrameState="Normal" AllowRemove="True" AllowZoneChange="True" AllowMinimize="True" AllowConnect="True" AllowEdit="True" AllowHide="True" IsVisible="True" DetailLink="" HelpLink="" HelpMode="Modeless" Dir="Default" PartImageSmall="" MissingAssembly="Cannot import this Web Part." ImportErrorMessage="Cannot import this Web Part." PartImageLarge="" IsIncludedFilter="" ExportControlledProperties="True" ConnectionID="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" ID="g_7a5a826c_5ee6_434c_91b7_534bfb2c0c97" ChromeType="None" ExportMode="All" __MarkupType="vsattributemarkup" __WebPartId="{7A5A826C-5EE6-434C-91B7-534BFB2C0C97}" WebPart="true" Height="" Width=""></SearchWC:ResultScriptWebPart>

Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:49 PM