I have a strange problem with downloading file from document library (Windows SharePoint Services 3.0).
It works great, if I use WSS comand: click on ComboBox which appears under file name, and select Send To -> Download a Copy.
It doesn't work for files larger than 1MB if I right click on file and choose Save Target As - it seems that file has been downloaded, but the size is 0kB. If I choose files less than 1MB works also with right click.
It seems that files more than 1 MB are not getting uploaded properly. However, you have not mentioned the size of the files which are more than 1 MB.
Couple of things, I would like you to check:
1) For the web app what is the file upload size allowed (you can check in CA).
2) Check the maxRequestLength atribute in web.config for your web app.
3) Also, check the web.config for maxrequestlength under 12 hive (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS).
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="2097151" />
Maybe I said it wrong: the files are uploaded correctly - the proof is, that when I use SharePoint command (Send To -> Download a Copy) I get full file.
It is the Right Click on link -> Save Target As part that is not working - I get 0kb files:
- If I use IE to download the file, I get message that "Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."
- If I use Firefox to download the file, I get the message that file "could not be saved, because the source file could not be read."
In both browsers, if I try to download with right click, authentication dialog pops up (everything else including right click download of files less than 1MB works fine).
This is happening only with one server.
Could this be connected with database size (it has 20GB)?
Please let us know the version of your Internet Explorer Web browser, as there are similar issues that happens while Internet Explorer 6 is used. This error message may occur if a Web page contains a link to a resource that is hosted on another server that requires a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connection and client authentication. The error message occurs only if you have not already been authenticated in the current session by the SSL server on which the resource is located. You cannot be successfully authenticated by the SSL server at this point. You must quit Internet Explorer and start it again to gain access to the Web site.
The fix of the issue is contained in the following KB article:
(KB326489) List of issues that are fixed in Internet Explorer 6 service packs
and the description about the issue is included in the following article:
An Error Message Occurs If You Click "Save Target As" for a Link
Thanks and hope it helps.
I am using IE 7.0.5730.11 so this kb doesn't apply to me.
Again I would like to stress out, that I believe there is a problem with SharePoint server not my machine. Facts:
- download with "Save Target As" works with files less than 1MB
- download with "Save Target As" works with all files from different server
- download with "Send To -> Download a Copy" (SharePoint context menu) works with all files
- all of the above happens on every machine I try this - even on the server in question itself (IE 7.0.5730.13)
As I understand, this problem occurred recently - I usually blame some software or hotfix that has been installed on server. But not in this case - nobody installed nothing.