none
The slowness of azure files share from mac OS RRS feed

• Question

• Good day , 

I am uploading my files from Mac OS to Azure file storage . My internet speed upload and download is 50mbs . However uploading speed on Azure is 2.80 mbs. My total project is 1.6TB and files upload is from 3-35gb on certain files .

Any any advise ?

Friday, August 30, 2019 4:14 PM

All replies

• May I know how are you trying to upload your data are you using (ex Azcopy, Storage explorer etc)?

If you are experiencing slow file copying to and from Azure Files, take a look at the Slow file copying to and from Azure Files in Linux section in the Linux troubleshooting guide.

To transfer large numbers of files to Azure Files, we recommend that you use AzCopy (for Windows; for Linux and UNIX) or Azure PowerShell. These tools have been optimized for network transfer.

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 4:17 PM
  • @Wessie001 Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, September 9, 2019 5:19 AM
  • @Wessie001 Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:46 AM

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 6:56 AM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:12 AM