MSDTC failover cluster configuration in windows 2012r2 RRS feed

• Question

• MSDTC failover cluster configuration in windows 2012r2

Team, Could you please help me to setup MSDTC configuration in Cluster...because in Azure which storage we will use to have high availability for MSDTC log...Right now we are using Premium File share to setup our environment and its 4 node cluster environment but struggling with MSDTC configuration...

Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:34 PM

All replies

• Hi AshishRan,

To configure the DTC you could refer to the following link. Hope this helps.

https://www.sysadmintutorials.com/tutorials/microsoft/windows-clustering/windows-cluster-msdtc/

Please note: Information posted in the given link is hosted by a third party. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy and effectiveness of information.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 17, 2020 7:49 AM
  • Hey There thanks for the response....And yes I have already gone through the link which we have provided but no luck...my goal is setup MSDTC in SQL FCI 2014 on windows version 2012r2 in Azure...Right now I have setup 4 node SQL FCI cluster with premium file share and in premium file share MSDTC is not being supported so need your help to setup MSDTC...THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!;
    Friday, July 17, 2020 8:41 PM
  • Hey, 

For MSDTC you need shared storage to store DTC resource files. You can use StarWind VSAN free to create HA iSCSI shared device for your nodes: https://www.starwindsoftware.com/starwind-virtual-san-free

Cheers,

Alex Bykvoskyi

StarWind Software

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIn:  

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 1:27 PM