Background: I work at client's location. they have recently installed SP 2k7. I have to write some code to access SP site but I encounter some weird problems like:
1. I have C:\Prg Files\Common Files\MS Shared\web svr ext\40\isapi\ on my dev m/c. As far as i know, dev m/cs will hv isapi in 60. here the dev m/c has isapi in 40
2. The Win svr 2k3 on which SP 2k7 is installed has C:\Prg Files\Common Files\MS Shared\web svr ext\12\isapi\. instead of 40 and 60 folders, the svr has 12 and 50.
3. MS.SP.library, MS.SP.WebControls.dll, etc are missing in C:\...\isapi on server. but it has MS.SP, MS.SP.portal.dll files
4. .NET 2.0 and 3.0 are installed on svr but there is no folder called GAC in C:\Windows\assembly. instead all the .dll files are directly in assembly folder
5. the dev m/c has .net 1.1, and 2.0 but GAC is not on dev m/c. instead all the .dll files are directly in assembly folder.
i don't know why this is like this. i guess something's wrong with the installation. i need some expert advice. Anyone please share your suggestions about this.
The Assemblies you need to refer are
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\ISAPI\Microsoft.SharePoint.dll
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\ISAPI\Microsoft.SharePoint.Security.dll
If you install the "Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Tools: Visual Studio 2005 Extensions" they would be added when you create any sharepoint project.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.
Would you like to participate?