none
import database failing in Azure. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi , I'm new to Azure and wanted to see if anyone has faced this error.

ErrorMessage: There was an error that occurred during this operation : '<string xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2003/10/Serialization/">Error encountered during the service operation. ; Exception Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Dac.Services.ServiceException:Unable to authenticate request; Inner exception System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:Cannot open server &amp;#39;adfv2book123&amp;#39; requested by the login. Client with IP address &amp;#39;157.55.180.212&amp;#39; is not allowed to access the server. To enable access, use the Windows Azure Management Portal or run sp_set_firewall_rule on the master database to create a firewall rule for this IP address or address range. It may take up to five minutes for this change to take effect.; </string>'

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:51 PM

All replies

• Hello Friend ,

It is necessary to configure the Firewall settings on the Azure portal.
    I don't know right now, but I think the following link can help you.

Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Data Warehouse IP firewall rules

If this answer helped you, mark it as helpful so that someone with a question or similar problem can find an answer or help more easily. * Jefferson Clyton Pereira da Silva - [MCSA | MCP | MCTS | MTA | Database Analyst - Sql Server and Oracle]
    Tuesday, January 21, 2020 6:51 PM
  • HI Vishal

I am proposing the above reply as the answer. You need to create a Firewall rule for the IP in the error. Here 157.55.180.212.

And then basically follow this part of above document - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-firewall-configure#from-the-database-overview-page

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 8:04 PM
  • Hi Vishal

Please let us know if we can help you further regarding this.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 2:48 PM