none
Azcopy - UPLOADFAILED: 404 The specified resource does not exist.. When uploading blob RRS feed

• Question

• Following command has been executed thru batch file to upload file in Azure Blob thru Azcopy v10

UploadToBlob.bat

-------------------

"C:\azcopy\azcopy.exe" %1 %2

UploadToBlob.bat "C:\Log\application_2019-08-26.log" "https://account.blob.core.windows.net/container?sv=2018-03-28&ss=b&srt=co&sp=rwac&se=2050-08-26T19:21:40Z&st=2019-08-26T11:21:40Z&spr=https&sig=SAS"

% sign is replaced with %% as mentioned by  by Microsoft documentation

Getting below error in log file generated by azcopy

RESPONSE Status: 404 The specified resource does not exist.
       Content-Length: [223]
       Content-Type: [application/xml]
       Date: [Mon, 26 Aug 2019 12:37:21 GMT]
       Server: [Windows-Azure-Blob/1.0 Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0]
       X-Ms-Error-Code: [ResourceNotFound]
       X-Ms-Request-Id: [7d9d95eb-001e-000a-320b-5c710f000000]
       X-Ms-Version: [2018-03-28]

2019/08/26 12:32:35 ERR: [P#0-T#0] UPLOADFAILED: c:///Log/application_2019-08-26.log : 404 : 404 The specified resource does not exist.. When Uploading blob. X-Ms-Request-Id: b43959fa-c01e-0005-470a-5c0763000000

So not sure what is missing here. In file name it added 2 more //, not sure why ?

Can anybody please help me to solve this?

Technical Project Manager cum Architect

Monday, August 26, 2019 1:46 PM

All replies

• You may refer to the suggestion mentioned in this GitHub link
    Can you uninstall the new version and reinstalled from an older version of the AZcopy tool "MicrosoftAzureStorageTools.msi" and let me know the status?

Additional information: You may refer to the suggestion mentioned in this MSDN link.

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:45 AM
  • Hello Sumanth,

Thanks for quick reply.

Actually it is working with AzCopy ver 8.1.0.

And then while writing on how to setup, i found that due to security reason, Microsoft has stopped using Storage access keys and asked to use SAS key to upload file on Azure blob with Azcopy v10.0.

As per my understanding, full "Query string" is mentioned here

"https://account.blob.core.windows.net/container?sv=2018-03-28&ss=b&srt=co&sp=rwac&se=2050-08-26T19:21:40Z&st=2019-08-26T11:21:40Z&spr=https&sig=xxxxxxxx%%2F%%2FNQhEVBYUQ2nKbx4%%2FxxxTxxxHFkUxxxxcv4%%3D"

So not sure what is not set correctly here.

And error is showing 404 not found on the local file which is supposed to be uploaded in Azure Blob.

Technical Project Manager cum Architect

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:18 AM
  • I would suggest you do a test without using the batch file that you have. Just test with a command line exactly like the ones in the documentation, and so it from a Powershell prompt not a CMD prompt, and put the " quotes around the url, but do not double the % characters. That should work. I think the problem relates to CMD command processor, or the batch file, doing something unexpected with the SAS.

Hope this helps! 

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:47 PM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:47 PM
  • @Manish Joisar Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 5:15 AM
  • @Manish Joisar Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:08 AM