How can I Sync on premise SharePoint 2013 task to Outlook 2013(Exchange online or Office 365) ? RRS feed

• Question

• I Have a on premise SharePoint 2013 server and office 365 host my exchange for me. There is feature in SharePoint which allows to synchronize the task to outlook. I have read many technet articles which helps in achieving the same when both the servers are on premise, I have configured all the perquisites on SharePoint server however there is no help available anywhere about how to configure the trust settings at Exchange Online server so that the 'Sync to Outlook' feature will work. 

Basically On premise SharePoint 2013 and Exchange Online is my Environment and I want to use Sync to outlook feature in SharePoint.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:30 PM

Answers

• It doesn't support online exchange and premise SharePoint sync yet, so either you will write an APPS to do so, or you can search for an existing one with a cost.

AvePoint has an APPS available for this case.

• Proposed as answer by Bala Chowdary Monday, October 7, 2013 9:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rajan Todankar Sunday, January 29, 2017 12:03 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2013 3:14 PM

All replies

• Rajan, I have run into the same issue...SharePoint 2013 On-prem and Office 365 Exchange (upgraded to 2013), but no way to complete the setup for task sync. It doesn't seem to be documented anywhere. Anyone have a solution or documentation for this?
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:22 PM
  • We're running into the same issue here?  Anyone?
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 4:12 PM
  • I have the same configuration (SharePoint 2013 Ent on Premise and Exchange Online)  and find that trying to communicated to the Office 365 host works for Shareing Calendars or putting notices in Outlook when documents or lists changes, but when it comes to ALERTS, TASKS or anything in the MYSites, it doesn't seem to work with Exhange Online.  

I am wondering if you had SharePoint Online and Exchange Online if it would work then?  It seems as that is the only good way to get SkyDrive to work correctly with your MySites. 

With MS push to move more to the Cloud, it seems as if they would have a solution for this already that would work.  We are starting to reconsider Exchange Online and thinking about either bringing it in house or moving to entirely different service because of limitations we are seeing with SharePoint and other products that are linked to it.

Friday, July 26, 2013 2:03 PM
  • I have the same issue! Not cool when trying to sell this to upper management as being the end all be all of communication within the corporation! I really could use a solution.
    Friday, August 2, 2013 7:05 PM
  • It doesn't support online exchange and premise SharePoint sync yet, so either you will write an APPS to do so, or you can search for an existing one with a cost.

AvePoint has an APPS available for this case.

• Proposed as answer by Bala Chowdary Monday, October 7, 2013 9:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rajan Todankar Sunday, January 29, 2017 12:03 PM
    Monday, August 5, 2013 3:14 PM
  • Hello,

Is this now possible? or still not? hybrid exchange and on-premise SharePoint.

Thursday, February 18, 2016 11:43 AM
  • Up !
    Friday, March 18, 2016 3:20 PM
  • Any updates?
    Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:51 PM