none
blob update not getting passed down to DNS

Question

• Hallo

I have uploaded a updated file to our Azure storage blob but if we try to download it from our dns redirect it keeps downloading old version

This even happens when outside company network.

I can download it with the dns redirect when using wget on linux but old version when from any browser.

With the Azure URL I get the newest version without a problem but if I use the company redirect URL for the for the storage blob I would get the old version of the file.

Does anyone know where I need to look to solve this  ????

This is for an important software release

thanks

Julian

Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Julian,

Are you using CDN in the process ? I've seen similar issues caused by CDN, which requires to reset the cache. If not, can you describe your setup that you're currently using ?

Thanks,

Adam

Thursday, May 23, 2019 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Julian,

Are you using CDN in the process ? I've seen similar issues caused by CDN, which requires to reset the cache. If not, can you describe your setup that you're currently using ?

Thanks,

Adam

Thursday, May 23, 2019 4:42 PM
  • Hallo

It seems to have resolved itself.  We are not happy with the set up.

This is the second time this has happened.

You are correct with CDN. It was configured and after talking with someone yesterday I did a purge.

The developer that gave me the .exe to upload tested. With Firefox he got the old version, with IE he got the new version. Yesterday I was getting the old version except when I got it with wget on Linux.

I would really like to understand that difference. I got the correct file always with Linux. On my mobile phone I got the old one, Samsung.

Anyway working but I think I will recommend that as Microsoft does as well that every version has its own file name, ie, software.may_19.exe

thanks

Julian

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:37 AM