none
Line graph showing spike in data where there is no spike in data. RRS feed

• Question

• My SSRS Chart is showing values that do not exist in the data. The two spikes on the right side of the chart are not supposed to be there. I have included screen shots of my SSRS line chart and an Excel line chart. I have also included the data, so that you can see there is no spike in the data. Has anyone else ever run into this problem?

Thanks,
    Blake

SSRS Chart

Excel Chart

Data

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlNWGbtSAA-idDE3VzhQZWpUMjZXTlVmcllRR1J2a0E&hl=en

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:02 PM

Answers

• On 2/9/2010 and 7/24/2009 you have multiple data points for the same date.  It looks like SSRS is adding those points together, and Excel is not adding them together.  Perhaps you could change the data field from sum() to average() (right click on the data field and change the formula from [sum(Spot)] to [avg(Spot)])?
    • Marked as answer by rbwamsley Thursday, July 1, 2010 1:36 PM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:04 PM

All replies

• On 2/9/2010 and 7/24/2009 you have multiple data points for the same date.  It looks like SSRS is adding those points together, and Excel is not adding them together.  Perhaps you could change the data field from sum() to average() (right click on the data field and change the formula from [sum(Spot)] to [avg(Spot)])?
    • Marked as answer by rbwamsley Thursday, July 1, 2010 1:36 PM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:04 PM
  • Thank you so much. I was only looking at the values and not the dates.

Blake

Thursday, July 1, 2010 1:36 PM