none
Can't see if a Agent is in Maintenance Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a Question about the SCOM Maintenance Mode. I use two different options to set a maintenance Mode on Agents.

Option nr. 1:
    Monitoring-->Maintenance Schedules-->Create Maintenance Schedule

Option 1

Option nr. 2:
    Monitoring-->Operations Manager --> Agent Details --> Agents by Version i have the State Action "Start Maintenance Mode"

When I use option nr. 2, I can't see the Maintenance Mode in my Dashboards. When i use the option nr. 2 I can see the Maintenance Mode in the Dashboards.

The reason, why I use to ways is, that the users can only see their own Maintenance Schedules in the "Maintenance Schedule" View. But when they go to the "Agents by Version" view, they can stop a Maintenance, which is started by another user.

Anybody know, why i can't see the Maintenance Mode from option 2 in my Dashboards?

Best Regards

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

These two options are different objects, when you use a Maintenance Schedules, it sets the whole computer object into maintenance mode.

When you set maintenance mode under ”Agents By Version” only the agent on the server will be put into maintenance mode, not the whole computer object.

If you want to set the whole computer onject, you should simply go to the ”Windows Computers” view and set maintenance mode manually there.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Marked as answer by StatelyElf Friday, October 18, 2019 1:56 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2019 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

These two options are different objects, when you use a Maintenance Schedules, it sets the whole computer object into maintenance mode.

When you set maintenance mode under ”Agents By Version” only the agent on the server will be put into maintenance mode, not the whole computer object.

If you want to set the whole computer onject, you should simply go to the ”Windows Computers” view and set maintenance mode manually there.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Marked as answer by StatelyElf Friday, October 18, 2019 1:56 PM
    Friday, October 18, 2019 1:43 PM
  • Hi Leon

This works fine… Thank you very much.

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:57 PM