none
DPM 2016 Agent Workgroup crash RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I encounter the following error while running many agents on Workgroup servers and I am unable to run protection. The DPM agent version is 5.1.378.0 (KBKB4339950) - 1807 and it runs on many Windows Server 2016 Datacenter with 2 NICs on the DMZ. IPv6 has been disabled on both client adapters. The installation of the agent works well however, as soon the DPM Server, tries to attach the agent and connect, the following error appears on the Application log of the client server:

Faulting application name: DPMRA.exe, version: 5.1.378.0, time stamp: 0x5b3c67a5
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.2758, time stamp: 0x5c304900
    Exception code: 0x80070057
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000034078
    Faulting process id: 0x2f08
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4bbd4b30793d8
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\bin\DPMRA.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 0e05c1f7-1899-41f2-9749-5caf6852a0fd
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have ran the following command on each protected computer successfully: SetDpmServer.exe -dpmServerName DPMServer.domain.local -isNonDomainServer -userName DPM-WGBackup01 -productionServerDnsSuffix domain.local

Full bidirectional communication and name resolution is achieved between Workgroup computers and the DPM Server.

The DPM server attach correctly the agent but is unable to communicate with the agents (due to the DPMRA crash?)

Any idea of what is wrong?

Sunday, February 3, 2019 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hello!

I presume you followed the steps indicated on the documentation here?
    Prepare machines in workgroups and untrusted domains for backup

Try the following steps:

1. Add a DNS suffix to your workgroup computers.

Create a DNS entry for your workgroup computers.

3. Install the DPM agent on your workgroup computer.

4. Use the setdpmserver.exe command to configure your DPM agent on the workgroup computer(s).

SetDpmServer.exe -dpmServerName <serverName> -isNonDomainServer -userName <userName> [-productionServerDnsSuffix <DnsSuffix>]

Note: The username is a new user that will be created locally on the workgroup computer.

5. Go to the DPM server and attach the workgroup computer's agent to the DPM server.

6. Enter the full computer name with the suffix you added to your workgroup computer

See if the steps above could be of any help!

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• Proposed as answer by Leon Laude Friday, March 8, 2019 12:10 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2019 1:17 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking if you have any update on your issue?

Friday, February 8, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Any update on your query?

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:32 PM